Add this to your weekly menu NOW. 📝 Our family requests this one all the time! Tender sausage, colorful veggies and simple spices make for a fast and healthy dinner – with minimum effort! We love to serve this with roasted potatoes, pasta or hot fluffy rice. Only one pan needed + dinner is ready in under an hour!
In my house, we love a make-ahead meal that is healthy, easy and QUICK. Especially come school days for the kids, keeping dinnertime simple is survival tip #1. As we’re rushing between activities and pick-ups, there’s nothing better than coming home knowing dinner is prepped and ready to go. With this one-sheet-pan wonder, that is perfectly easy to do!
Not only does this feed a crowd, but it makes amazing leftovers for lunch! Though, in my house, we are all members of the Clean Plate Club after hearty, hot servings of sausage, veggies and a side of rice. We absolutely love this dish! It is requested all the time, and a staple in our weekly menu.
This sheet pan dinner is incredibly versatile with the ingredients you can use. And, I’ve included lots of serving suggestions in the recipe. We love ours with salad, potatoes, rice or pasta. It is deliciously low-carb and filling just as it is, too.
Come along, and let me show you why this easy weeknight meal will become your favorite, too!
Ready to make your own Sausage, Zucchini + Tomato Sheet Pan Dinner?
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
• Combine sausage, zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, tomatoes, and minced garlic on a large sheet pan.
• In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix and sprinkle over top of the sausage-veggie mixture.
• Drizzle with olive oil. Toss together with your hands.
• Place in oven and roast for 35-40 minutes, until sausage is golden brown and veggies are tender.
• Sprinkle with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan, if desired. We love to serve this with hot sauce and a mixture of Ranch dressing + sour cream.
• Serve hot with rice, potatoes or pasta. Or, just as it is!
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
Want to change up your ingredients? Try these ideas:
• Meat: Any type of smoked sausage works in this recipe! We like to use pork or turkey sausage mostly. But, beef or chicken smoked sausage, Italian sausage are also delicious in this dinner. You can also use uncooked, chopped chicken breast, chopped steak or whole shrimp. The cooking time would remain the same.
• Vegetables: Potatoes, bell peppers, yellow onions, olives, mushrooms, butternut squash, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, eggplant, asparagus. All delicious substitutes for the squash, if you choose.
• Seasonings and herbs: Use whatever combination of spices you like! We love Italian seasoning on our sausage-veggie mixture, but Cajun seasoning or Greek seasoning blends work great, too. You can even toss this with a dry barbecue rub.
Want more easy sheet pan dinners? Try these!
• 3-Ingredient BBQ Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
• Lemon-Garlic Honey Butter Salmon & Veggies in Foil
• One-Pan Meatloaf and Roasted Potatoes
• Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Bell Peppers and Potatoes
• One-Pan Roasted Sausage, Peppers and Potatoes
• One-Pan Greek Orzo with Tomatoes and Feta
• Chili-Garlic Roasted Chicken with Potatoes & Carrots
• Rosemary Roasted Chicken with Bell Peppers and Potatoes
• BBQ Pork Tenderloin with Sweet Potato Fries
Once it’s hot and ready, I love to sprinkle on fresh herbs like parsley or basil. Add a dusting of grated Parmesan, if you’d like. Maybe try a bit of creamy goat cheese. We also love drizzling this dish with a mixture of sour cream and Ranch dressing. Or, a splash of tangy hot sauce to zest it up!
Keep It Easy Tip: Chop up your ingredients before work, seal and refrigerate in a container, then toss it all in a pan when you come home. Dinner will be sizzling away, while you wind down and relax. Enjoy it hot, do a little happy dance, and rejoice that there’s only one pan to wash up.
I dare you not to go for a second helping. In this house, we can never resist. It is just so. damn. good.
If you like this, you will also love my Summer Vegetable, Sausage and Potato Skillet and One-Pan Roasted Sausage, Peppers and Potatoes. All so simple, quick and delicious!
Sausage, Zucchini + Tomato Sheet Pan Dinner
- 1 lb. sliced smoked sausage, beef, turkey, chicken or pork
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 small red onion, or one-half of a med/large red onion, chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning, or your preferred seasoning blend
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For topping (optional):
- Fresh chopped parsley, basil or rosemary
- Ranch dressing + sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Grated Parmesan cheese
For serving (optional):
- Cooked rice or quinoa
- Roasted potatoes
- Buttery pasta
- Green salad
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine sausage, zucchini, yellow squash, red onion, tomatoes, and minced garlic on a large sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, combine Italian seasoning, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix and sprinkle over top of the sausage-veggie mixture.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Toss everything together with your hands.
- Place in oven and roast for 35-40 minutes, until sausage is golden brown and veggies are tender.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and grated Parmesan, if desired. We love to serve this with hot sauce and a mixture of Ranch dressing + sour cream.
- Serve hot with rice, potatoes or pasta. Or, just as it is.
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!
Any dish that includes sausage and veggies is a winner! Family LOVED this!
Make this regularly! We love it!!!!!