Welcome to The Comfort of Cooking.
So happy you’re here! I’m Georgia Johnson 👋 Here, we’re creating fresh, family friendly recipes with simple ingredients for everyday cooks. This is where I share my love of creating delicious food and memories made at the table. For over 20 years, I’ve honed my love of cooking, baking and kitchen-mess-making. Now, I want to share good food with you, and help boost your confidence in the kitchen!
Since 2010, this passion project has grown into my full-time career and a recipe resource for millions of readers across the world. My easy, delicious recipes appeal to both beginner and experienced home cooks.
Anyone who enjoys getting creative in the kitchen, come on in!
In my everyday life, you can find me trail walking, traveling, snapping photos, and spending time with my friends and family. I love to explore, journal, do yoga, cozy up, and of course, feed the people I love! My daughter, age 9, also enjoys cooking and brainstorming new recipes with me. For my community, I run a popular social club, volunteer for youth, and teach gentle yoga classes.
My friends and family happily taste test all of my creations. I live in beautiful central Massachusetts.
10 Facts About Me
- I grew up on a five-acre animal farm in Maryland – goats, chickens, bunnies, peacocks, deer, you name it!
- My first website was in 2001. I gave love advice – ha! (I was 15 and knew everything – obviously 😂)
- I crave travel and experiencing new cultures, foods and ways of living. There are so many spots on my bucket list, but the next adventure is Costa Rica!
- I’m very organized and detail-oriented, but can be forgetful without jotting it all down in my journal.
- I have practiced yoga all over the world for 20 years, and finally became a yoga teacher in 2023. I love leading gentle-style classes with candlelight and aromatherapy.
- I’ve lived in Boston, Los Angeles, and Austin. I finally settled back in New England in 2017 to live closer to my extended family.
- I am very afraid of heights, robots, and dark water, but love a good rollercoaster and horror movie.
- My mom is one of eleven children and my family is full of artists, musicians, yogis, and designers – I love that I come from a creative background.
- I did a few live cooking segments on the local news in Austin. I think it’s important to try something new and challenge yourself, so I simply asked and they said yes!
- I created The Comfort of Cooking in 2010 after taking a local cooking class and deciding I wanted to learn in the comfort of my home. Grateful every day that I get to share delicious food and help families all over the world!
The Comfort of Cooking has been featured on: