These Taco Bell copycat Crunchwrap Supremes are crispy, cheesy and quick flavor bombs – 100x better than fast food! 🌮 If you enjoy tacos, you will LOVE these handheld wraps loaded with seasoned beef, tomatoes, lettuce, crunchy tostada shells, sour cream, and melted queso. Pan-fry ’til crisp and your 20-minute meal is served!
I have a new obsession, and you’re looking at it.
I only tried the famous Crunchwrap Supreme from Taco Bell one year ago. But, from first bite I knew I could do it better. Similar recipes have been sensationally popular on Pinterest, which have made me anticipate cooking these EVERY. DAMN. DAY. since I became inspired.
Well, the day has come. We’re not reinventing the wheel here. But, it is safe to say this is one of the absolute BEST dinners I have made this summer. More than a few lucky taste-testers happen to agree!
I’m so excited to share this copycat Crunchwrap Supreme recipe with you. It is made SO easily at home, with a handful of basic ingredients – ground beef (or turkey), tomatoes, lettuce, shredded cheese, melty nacho cheese, sour cream, and crunchy tostada shells. Wrap it up in a huge flour tortilla, sizzle on your skillet, and prepare your taste buds for a flavor bomb, baby.
💥 BOOM! 💥
Ready to make your own Crunchwrap Supreme?
• In a large skillet set to medium-high, add 1 Tbsp. oil.
• Once hot, add ground meat and taco seasoning. Crumble meat as it cooks, 3-5 minutes. Drain excess grease and set aside. Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels. Microwave for 30 seconds, until warm and soft.
• Pour nacho cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, until warm.
• Lay out tortillas on a work surface. Scoop about 1/2 cup ground meat in the center of each tortilla. Spoon 1/4 cup nacho cheese over meat. Top with 1 tostada shell. Evenly spread sour cream on top. Sprinkle on lettuce, tomato and shredded cheese.
• Fold tortilla edges up and over the center. Work all the way around, folding tightly.
• Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in the same skillet. Once hot, add wrap seam-side down. Cook until the underside is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook wrap about 1-2 minutes more.
• Slice, serve warm, and enjoy!
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
Craving some variety? Try these optional add-ins:
(or, slide these on the side as toppings)
• Homemade tortillas
• Fresh avocado
• Chopped scallions
• Black beans
• Pico de gallo
• Grilled veggies
• Chopped onions
• Corn kernels
• Hot sauce
• Cooked rice
• Fresh cilantro
• Chopped mango
• Fresh or pickled jalapeno
• Creamy avocado-jalapeno sauce
If you prefer an alternative meat to ground beef or turkey, try a ground chicken, ground pork, or a plant-based ground meat substitute like Beyond Meat (absolutely not sponsored, just a good option for my vegetarian friends!).
This would also work great with shredded beef, chicken or pork! Or, even chopped grilled shrimp. Yum!
Care to wash it down with an icy, cold margarita?🍹 Hey, that makes two of us!
Craving more better-than-takeout dinner ideas? Try these!
• Crispy Fried Chicken Tenders
• Cheesy Loaded Nacho Tater Tots
• Homemade Soft Flour Tortillas
• Mexican Grilled Steak Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
• 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Queso Dip
• Korean Fried Chicken Tenders
• Mini Mexican Chili Tortilla Cups
• 2-Ingredient Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken
Can you even handle that melty cheese? Oh, lawd!
If you were looking for a sign to finally try toasty, crispy, melt-in-your-mouth Crunchwrap Supremes at home, THIS IS IT. These are easier than tacos, quicker than quesadillas, and completely handheld. All the goodness of a fast food favorite, made better and healthier in the comfort of your kitchen. And now, you have a whole bunch of them – but not for long. This batch quickly disappeared off the platter!
My favorite magic trick.
Do it. Serve it. Love it. Receive all the praise. Rinse and repeat.
Everyone goes crazy for these, myself included. It’s not hard to see why, right?
Crunchwrap Supreme Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. olive or vegetable oil divided
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. taco seasoning
- 4 to 6 (12-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup nacho cheese warmed
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3 Roma tomatoes small diced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- In a large skillet set to medium-high, add 1 Tbsp. oil.
- Once hot, add ground meat and taco seasoning. Crumble meat as it cooks, 3-5 minutes. Drain excess grease and set aside.
- Wrap tortillas in damp paper towels. Microwave for 30 seconds, until warm and soft.
- Pour nacho cheese in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for 30 seconds, until warm.
- Lay out tortillas on a work surface. Scoop about 1/2 cup ground meat in the center of each tortilla. Spoon 1/4 cup nacho cheese over beef. Top with 1 tostada shell. Evenly spread sour cream on top. Sprinkle on lettuce, tomato and shredded cheese.
- Fold tortilla edges up and over the center. Work all the way around, folding tightly.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. oil in the same skillet. Once hot, add wrap seam-side down. Cook until the underside is golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook wrap about 1-2 minutes more.
- Slice, serve warm, and enjoy!
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!
OMG. We absolutely loved these crunchwraps. Best recipe out there!
It was sooo great and waaaay better than taco bell…I used Greek plain yogurt and some green onions soo great.