Soft, buttery pumpkin-shaped rolls made easily with 4 ingredients. Perfect for the side of soups, stews, roasts, salads and casseroles! Simply snip the edges of pre-made frozen dough, and pop a pecan in the middle. A cute, festive fall addition to your holiday table!
Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
Tired of the same traditional side dishes and want to add a little fun to your Thanksgiving table? These Pumpkin Dinner Rolls are perfect for you!
There’s no pumpkin puree in here, it’s just the festive pumpkin shape we’re creating today! All you need is dinner roll dough, butter, salt, and a pecan for the stem. A batch of these beautiful rolls only needs 5 minutes to prepare. If time isn’t on your side this holiday season, worry not! Only 10 minutes ’til your pumpkin rolls are toasty, golden brown and ready to serve. We love these on the side of our holiday dinners, especially with salads, roasts and stews. Cozy and cute!
There’s hardly any steps for these incredibly easy, tasty pumpkin dinner rolls. Let me show you how it’s done!
Ready to bake your own Pumpkin Dinner Rolls?
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper; set aside.
• Using scissors, make 6 to 8 cuts in each thawed dinner roll dough ball. Cut should be about 1/2-inch deep and equally spaced.
• Using the handle of a thin utensil, gently poke a deep hole into the top of each roll.
• Place rolls on baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
• Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
• Remove from oven and brush with melted butter. Insert a pecan into each pumpkin roll for stems.
• Serve warm with additional butter.
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
Want more delicious, easy dinner roll recipes? Try these!
Got a nut allergy in the family? Use a pretzel stick for the stem, instead!
We love baking a batch of warm, fluffy pumpkin-shaped dinner rolls for holiday meals. The kids go crazy for these, and love to swipe softened butter on their own mini pumpkins. You could even whip up a flavored butter with honey or cinnamon for the side – just don’t be surprised when these fly off the platter!
If you have trouble finding pre-made frozen dinner roll dough, you can substitute any soft yeast dough, such as pizza dough or bread dough, and separate into pieces. Your grocery bakery department may carry this type of dough. Or, ask your local bakery. Wanna bake from scratch? Use my homemade pizza dough instead of frozen pre-made.
I hope you try these delicious, family-loved rolls and enjoy with your own family this holiday season. Please leave a comment and a star rating, if you try the recipe!
- 1 pkg. frozen dinner roll dough, about 12 rolls, thawed
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted, plus more for serving
- 12 whole pecan pieces, for stems
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper; set aside.
- Using scissors, make 6 to 8 cuts in each thawed dinner roll dough ball. Cut should be about 1/2-inch deep and equally spaced.
- Using the handle of a thin utensil, gently poke a deep hole into the top of each roll.
- Place rolls on baking sheet. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and brush with melted butter. Insert a pecan into each pumpkin roll for stems.
- Serve warm with additional butter.
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!