One pan, 20-minute weeknight comfort food! Tender, soft gnocchi in a richly flavored cream sauce with garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach and Parmesan – easy and irresistibly delicious. We love to serve this cozy meal with a green salad and red wine.
Creamy Tuscan Sausage Gnocchi
When the holiday hustle gets to be a lot (mamas, I know you feel me!), I take a mental vacation.
Whether it’s margaritas on the beach or curled up on the couch, I’m there for a minute, and nothing else matters. Since a sandy vacation is a little far fetched at the moment, the couch and a bowl of creamy, melt-in-your-mouth gnocchi is calling me! I love to cozy up and cook in my pajamas after a long day . . . join me?
Let’s cook a little pasta, pop the wine and put on a holiday movie. This is your new dream dinner – and a good excuse to hit the pause button on your to-do list.
This richly flavored, delicious gnocchi is so simple to make in just one pan. No complicated cooking, no all-day simmering, and absolutely no-fuss. Just the way we like our comfort food around here. Quick, easy, and hardly any cleanup.
Come join me as I show you the steps for this restaurant-quality gnocchi dinner!
Ready to cook your own Creamy Tuscan Sausage Gnocchi?
• In a large skillet set to medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil. Add Italian sausage and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, for about 5-7 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
• Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes and gnocchi, until all ingredients are well combined. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
• Add spinach and give it all a good stir. Cover pan again for 1-2 minutes.
• Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
• Serve immediately.
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
My favorite part of this recipe? Everything cooks in one pot! Simmer your sausage and garlic, then add your broth, cream and gnocchi all at once. The pillowy potato gnocchi cooks right in the sauce. As the starch from the potato gnocchi breaks down, it thickens the mixture into a dreamily creamy, rich sauce.
Want your sauce thicker? Cook uncovered for the last 2 minutes. Want a thinner sauce? Swirl in a bit more chicken broth or cream.
Craving more cozy, comforting Italian dinners? Try these!
• One-Pot Creamy Beef and Shells
• Gnocchi with Pumpkin, Bacon and Sage Sauce
• 10-Minute Creamy Marsala Mushroom Gnocchi
• Skillet Italian Sausage, Peppers and Onions
• Baked Penne with Italian Sausage
• Warm Tomato & Mozzarella Bruschetta
• 5-Ingredient Butter Roasted Tomato Sauce with Linguine
• Cheesy Crockpot Chicken Cacciatore
Since this gnocchi makes a hearty meal, we like to serve a fresh green salad on the side. Makes you feel a little better about eating a big bowl of belly-filling pasta. But also, what’s there to feel bad about? We can go shopping for new jeans tomorrow.
The aroma as this gnocchi cooks is absolutely delicious and fills your home with those warm, cozy kitchen smells. The fragrant garlic and lemon, salty sausage and tangy sundried tomatoes are enough to make you watch the clock as this cooks.
Not to worry, it’s hot and ready in only 15 minutes!
I hope you try this Creamy Tuscan Sausage Gnocchi recipe. Serve it hot with a simple salad, and enjoy it with your family and friends over a glass of wine. 😉 This will definitely be a repeat dinner in my home, since even our pickiest kid ate it right up! After trying it once, I bet anything you will agree that it will become a favorite for your family.
Please feel free to leave a comment and a star rating, if you give it a go.
Creamy Tuscan Sausage Gnocchi
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) Italian sausage removed from casing
- 1 tsp. minced garlic about 2 cloves
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. lemon juice or, use a splash of white wine!
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes I used tomatoes packed in oil; drain first
- 1 lb. potato gnocchi
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach (or 1 cup fresh chopped spinach)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet set to medium-high heat, drizzle olive oil. Add sausage and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon, for about 5-7 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Stir in chicken broth, heavy cream, lemon juice, sun-dried tomatoes and gnocchi, until all ingredients are well combined. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and give it all a good stir. Cover pan again for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
- Since the gnocchi cooks in the sauce, you do not need to pre-cook the gnocchi.
- You can use hot, sweet or mild Italian sausages for this recipe (I used about 4 links). You can also use 1/2 lb. ground sausage meat.
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!
Can you freeze and reheat leftovers?
Yes! I would reheat individual servings on the stovetop or microwave, so as not to over-bake and dry out the gnocchi.