Our favorite way to make delicious, foolproof pies! 🍎 This sheet pan apple pie has all the warm, cozy aromas of a traditional pie, made easy and elegant. 🥧 No more sunken centers! This perfect fall pie is simple to prepare and only needs 30 minutes to bake. Serve with vanilla ice cream for a wonderful holiday dessert.
Apple Slab Pie
What’s your favorite memory in the kitchen?
In my mental memory box, it is hard to top this one – Imagine you’re just home after a long school day, drop your backpack in the kitchen, and warm up your chilly bones by the wood-burning stove. Your mom is rolling out a buttery pie dough and soft jazz is playing. She is tossing you the raw pie dough scraps, and you know you shouldn’t eat them, but they’re just so good. You’re talking about your crush, big tests, and tomorrow’s holiday dinner while she tosses apples with spicy cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. It’s almost Thanksgiving.
Watching my mom bake apple pies this time of year is a comfort unlike any other. I have had many enjoyable evenings cooking with friends, baking with family, and teaching my daughter to roll out dough as she balances on her stepstool. But honestly, there is something so transfixing about watching someone artistically whip up a homemade pie.
Though there will never be an apple pie like my mom’s, I’m determined to recreate the cozy memory in my family home – but, in my opinion, a bit easier! We absolutely love this sheet pan apple pie for its perfectly even shape (no cracked or sunken centers), buttery apple taste, and quick baking. Just 30 minutes for this mouthwatering, golden beauty to be on your table.
Come join me as I show you the steps for this wonderful, easy Apple Slab Pie!
Ready to bake your own Apple Slab Pie?
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
• Roll out pie dough into an 11×14-inch rectangle. Fit dough into an ungreased 13x9x1-inch sheet pan (quarter sheet pan). Allow excess overhang; do not trim.
• In a medium bowl, mix chopped apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Pour into pie crust and spread evenly.
• Place remaining dough piece on top. Or, create a lattice weave (as shown) by overlapping dough pieces. Pinch edges of top and bottom crusts together to seal.
• Lightly brush top with egg wash. If desired, sprinkle evenly with coarse sugar.
• Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely before slicing.
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
Want more warm, cozy autumn desserts? Try these!
This is one of our best-ever apple pies this time of year – closely followed by my man’s almost-famous Swedish Apple Pie and my Apple Pie Cookies. Both on regular rotation during the plentiful apple season in autumn!
With those rich aromas of spicy cinnamon, nutmeg, and sweet apples, it is an agonizing wait for this homemade pie to come hot out of the oven. On the upside, it makes your home smell so delicious you may lick the walls. But . . . I recommend you don’t. Just distract yourself with other things and get the vanilla ice cream ready!
This pie is so simple with scrumptious, cozy flavors, and is quickly becoming a family favorite recipe. I know will enjoy it just as much as we do. For holiday tables or small gatherings at home, you cannot beat a homemade apple pie created with love.
I hope you try this recipe and enjoy it with family and friends. Please leave a comment and a star rating, if you give it a go!
Apple Slab Pie
- 2 pie dough rounds homemade or store-bought
- 6 apples small diced (I used Gala, but any will do!)
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1 1 egg + 1 tsp. water for egg wash
- 1 Tbsp. coarse sugar for sprinkling, optional
For serving, optional:
- Vanilla ice cream necessary, if you ask me!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out pie dough into an 11x14-inch rectangle. Fit dough into an ungreased 13x9x1-inch sheet pan (quarter sheet pan). Allow excess overhang; do not trim.
- In a medium bowl, mix chopped apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Pour into pie crust and spread evenly.
- Place remaining dough piece on top. Or, create a lattice weave (as shown) by overlapping dough pieces. Pinch edges of top and bottom crusts together to seal.
- Lightly brush top with egg wash. If desired, sprinkle evenly with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely before slicing.
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!