Crunchy, creamy corn side dish loaded with crispy bacon, bell peppers, and green onions. Easy enough for weeknights! Use fresh or frozen corn for this addictively sweet and savory corn with maximum flavor and no fuss. Ready in 30 minutes, serves 6, and is scrumptious served with grilled meats, fish and chicken.
For a recent, last-minute summer adventure, my guy and I hopped a train down to Washington, D.C. for a week. We walked miles through museums, strolled the zoo and lush parks with iced coffees (it was HOT), dined by the river for date night, and enjoyed backyard grilling at our home away from home. The excitement and chaos was only amplified by having four kids with us. Everything was more fun in the company of fresh eyes, seeing and appreciating American history for the first time. And honestly, I wouldn’t change a thing.
Except maybe, the things I said when I was hangry. 😅 Sorry, honey!
When we were tired of the city buzz, our party of six piled in the car for a day trip to my sweet, small hometown on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. One of my favorite places in the world to kick up my boots, hug my childhood best friend, and just relax. The unmistakable sweet scent of honeysuckle and sight of sundrenched cornfields always welcomes me home. I grew up surrounded by acres of fresh corn, so those crunchy-sweet kernels have always been a staple in my summer cooking.
When we returned home, I grabbed a big bunch of fresh summer corn – inspired by all that surrounded me, years ago – and got cooking a skillet full of comforting, creamy corn. Fresh corn is one of the best vegetables to enjoy in the summer, as the kernels are sweet and crunchy, almost like candy! Just as wonderful on-the-cob as it is in a buttery, delicious skillet side dish.
Let me show you the super simple process to this Creamy Confetti Corn with Bacon. A new favorite dish with my family, which I hope you’ll love, too!
Ready to cook your own Creamy Confetti Corn with Bacon?
• In a large skillet set to medium-high heat, add chopped bacon. Cook ’til crisp, stirring occasionally, about 5-6 minutes. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside. Reserve bacon fat in skillet.
• Add corn, bell pepper and red onion to the hot skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are tender, 6-7 minutes.
• Stir in cream cheese and milk, mixing well until melted in and smooth. If needed, add more milk (1 Tbsp. at a time) to thin the mixture.
• Stir in chopped green onions, parsley and bacon.
• Serve warm and enjoy!
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
What should I serve with Creamy Confetti Corn? Try these!
• Sweet Chili Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
• Sausage, Zucchini + Tomato Sheet Pan Dinner
• Grilled Caprese Chicken and Summer Squash
• Lemon-Garlic Honey Butter Salmon & Veggies in Foil
• Grilled Chili-Lime Chicken Fajita Salad
• Avocado Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich
• Easy Roasted Summer Vegetables
Want more fresh, easy side salads? Here are some options!
• Texas Caviar most popular!
• Avocado, Corn and Mango Salad
• Simple Southern Potato Salad
• Best-Ever Creamy Macaroni Salad
Of course, you can always used frozen corn for this dish. The sweetness of freshly cut corn can’t be beat, but frozen will do just fine!
We enjoy this sweet corn with grilled meats, chicken and fish, and just by itself as a light and refreshing lunch. If you don’t have red bell peppers, any color bell pepper works in its place. Or, swap out the red onion for yellow or white onions, if it’s all you’ve got. Wanna use light cream cheese instead of full fat? Go ahead! The colors of the ingredients listed add to the vibrant “confetti” eye appeal of this dish, but the ingredients are certainly adaptable and easy to swap out.
We love the bright flavors and salty-sweetness of this corn dish! It will most definitely be making a return appearance to our weeknight table. It’s just so easy and family friendly, not to mention a nostalgic dish for this corn-loving country girl at heart!
I hope you try this Creamy Confetti Corn, and love it like we do! Please leave a comment and a star rating, if you give it a go.
Creamy Confetti Corn with Bacon
- 8 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 4 cups fresh or frozen corn, (if using fresh, use 6-7 ears corn)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, small diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, small diced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 oz. cream cheese, regular or Neufchatel (light cream cheese) work
- 1/3 cup milk
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large skillet set to medium-high heat, add chopped bacon. Cook 'til crisp, stirring occasionally, about 5-6 minutes. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate; set aside. Reserve bacon fat in skillet.
- Add corn, bell pepper and red onion to the hot skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until veggies are tender, 6-7 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and milk, mixing well until melted in and smooth. If needed, add more milk (1 Tbsp. at a time) to thin the mixture.
- Stir in chopped green onions, parsley and bacon.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!
This was the easiest and most delicious side dish. Family loved it!