One cozy, comforting weeknight dinner made easily in one pot! 🥣 Quick 10-minute prep keeps this dinner fuss-free and simple. Ready in under 30 minutes, since the pasta cooks in your rich, creamy tomato sauce. Add this to your weekly menu ASAP!
We are always looking for new weeknight recipes to change things up a bit. I love to keep our Monday through Friday meals fun! So, this creamy, comforting pasta recipe popped up at just the right time. I couldn’t resist cooking up this creamy pasta for a fast, fuss-free family dinner in one pot. Besides, any dinner that eliminates heavy clean-up is a winner in my book.
Sizzling ground beef combined with tender pasta shells, gooey white cheddar and a rich tomato sauce makes a mouthwatering dinner. I just love that the pasta cooks directly in the sauce, so there’s no juggling multiple pots and pans for this dish.
When balancing your work and home life, you absolutely must keep it simple for supper! Can I get an “amen”?
Well, consider me your weeknight meal helper. I’m here to make things easy for you, and here to share with you one of our new favorite dinners – a dish best for a cozy fall or winter evening – but also, perfectly comforting for anytime of year.
Let’s get into it!
Ready to create your One-Pot Creamy Beef and Shells?
• Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook about 3 minutes, crumbling as it cooks.
• Add onion and cook, stirring frequently until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
• Whisk in beef broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil.
• Stir in pasta. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir occasionally until pasta is tender and sauce has thickened slightly, 10-12 minutes.
• Remove from heat. Stir in heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
• Stir in cheddar cheese until melted, about 2 minutes.
• Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, if desired.
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
Looking for more comforting pasta dinners? Try these!
• Creamy Smoked Sausage Tortellini
• 5-Ingredient Butter Roasted Tomato Sauce with Linguine
• Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
• Creamy Broccoli Chicken Shells and Cheese
• Gnocchi with Pumpkin, Bacon and Sage Sauce
• 10-Minute Creamy Marsala Mushroom Gnocchi
• Creamy Ham and Broccoli Shells and Cheese
Two scoops, or one? Come sit down, I saved a bowl for you!
We love how SIMPLE this creamy beef and shells dish is, and how good a hot bowlful comforts the soul for dinner. I can’t wait to create more cozy, mouthwatering pasta meals on nippy nights. This recipe is easy, family friendly, and the most satisfying dinner to sit down to, after a long day. Using just a handful of basic ingredients and 25 minutes of your time can create an absolutely phenomenal dinner. If you don’t believe me, just try it for yourself. The savory goodness really pops in every spoonful!
I hope you try this recipe, and love it like we do. Please leave a comment and a star rating, if you give it a go.
One-Pot Creamy Beef and Shells
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 8 oz. (2-1/2cups) small pasta shells
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Kosher salt + cracked black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and cook about 3 minutes, crumbling as it cooks.
- Add onion and cook, stirring frequently until soft, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic and Italian seasoning. Cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Whisk in beef broth and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in pasta. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir occasionally until pasta is tender and sauce has thickened slightly, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in heavy cream. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Stir in cheddar cheese until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley, if desired.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!
this was amazing!!! best meal i have made in a couple of weeks