Cook up this creamy, cheesy pot full of goodness for dinner tonight! So comforting and delicious, and the kiddos will love it as much as the adults!
Can someone make this for me, pile it on a plate, and stick in a candle? Today is my birthday and I wish for more. No cake cravings on the brain here. Just a big bowl of this super comforting, creamy pot full of goodness. That’s what’s on my wish list!
Don’t you just want to dive right in?
If comfort food were epitomized in one dish, I think this would fit the description pretty well! Soft noodles mixed with tender broccoli and chicken bites, all tossed in a luscious homemade cheese sauce? Yes, please! Every bite is big on flavor and just so darn GOOD. Eating this feels like getting hugged from inside. And who doesn’t want that?
Once my 4-month-old becomes a foodie (any day now, little girl), I look forward to making her meals like this. So simple and irresistibly mouthwatering, it can easily become a favorite for kids and adults alike!
Grab your ingredients, do it up, and devour it. Your weeknights demand it. (And since this meal makes for great leftovers, next-day’s lunch is decided, too!)
Creamy Broccoli Chicken Shells and Cheese
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 1/4 cups 9 oz. dry shells pasta
- 12 oz. broccoli florets
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup 1 oz. shredded parmesan cheese
- Prepare chicken by cooking and cutting up*. Set aside.
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Add broccoli to boiling water with pasta during last 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside in a colander.
- In the same large pot set over medium heat, melt butter. Stir in flour. Cook mixture, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Whisk in milk, then season with onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Increase heat to medium-high and cook mixture, stirring constantly until it boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in cheeses until melted. Add pasta, broccoli and chicken, tossing to evenly coat.
Happy birthday, dear! You definitely chose the best way to celebrate! I actually prefer a big, warm bowl of pasta to a cake…as weird as it may sound! And let me tell you this recipe sounds delicious, plus I like that it’s kind of healthy, too. Pinned!
Gratulerer med dagen Georgia!
I hope you’ve had an amazing start to your day and that you have plenty more goodies in store :D
I agree with you, I usually crave dinner foods over desserts. And creamy pasta with broccoli? Gimme! Thank you so much for the recipe, and for taking the time to blog on your special day :) Wishing you all the best for the year to come :) xx
I love one-pot meals like this… now my kids will dig into the broccoli since it’s coated in that yummy cheese sauce. :)
Happy birthday, Georgia! A big bowl of this makes for a nice birthday meal indeed!
This is my kind of dinner! Love the broccoli and cheese!
Happy birthday, lady! I think this cozy dish is the perfect way to celebrate (plus a slice of cake, too ;)).
Happy Birthday, Georgia! I hope you’re having an enjoyable day. I was very happy to receive this recipe from your Blog this morning, since I didn’t plan (in advance) for tonight’s dinner. Fortunately, I have everything on hand to prepare this dish, so this is now on my dinner menu for this evening. I’ll serve it with a large Tossed Salad and Garlic Bread. My family and I love mushrooms, so I’ll add some sliced mushrooms, as well I love your recipies, so please keep ’em coming. Have a Very Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday Georgia! This looks like such a warm, comforting, creamy plate of deliciousness, perfect for a cold day! Pinned!
Happy Birthday, Georgia! I want to eat that entire pot!
Happy Birthday!!! I’d take this over cake too! Savory all the way!
Happy birthday! This dish looks just like something I would choose for my own birthday. Yum!
that looks like the perfect blend of cheese and veggies, deliciousness and healthy eating! i love it
My American heart would be over the moon with this as a meal. My Aussie husband would think this is a side dish and isn’t there too much cheese on it?? I need to eat at your house for stuff like this. :)