🥑 Clean, colorful and deliciously good-for-you hummus avocado toast! 🍅 The most simple, savory bite for breakfast, lunch and healthy snacking. It’s ready in just 5 minutes! Top with your favorite veggies and seasoning, or follow this easy recipe with just 6 ingredients.
Look at those fresh and gorgeous colors! Eating healthy can be easy and awfully fun, and there’s no bad news about the goodness it gives your body. With just a few simple ingredients (in this case, only 6!), we can create a quick and delicious option for breakfast or lunch.
So, let’s clean up our act a little and enjoy some millennial toast – I mean, avocado toast! – for a nutritious meal. Not only is this recipe gorgeous, but it is super versatile! Want a little extra protein? Add a cooked egg, tuna, grilled chicken, edamame, or black beans. Want to skip the hummus for another spread? Try a cheese spread like Boursin, cream cheese and chives, pimento cheese, or a fresh basil pesto. Can’t find the “everything seasoning” in your area? Cracked salt, pepper, minced onion flakes, and sesame/poppy seeds do just fine. Or, use a seasoning blend of your choice.
Lately, I’ve been loving light breakfasts, and this one totally hit the spot. It is perfectly pretty, delicious body fuel as is. But, I love to add a fried egg! After a workout or weekday lunch craving, this carb and protein rich toast is just what my body needs.
That’s why I’m so excited to share it with you today!
Ready to make your own 5-Minute Hummus Avocado Toast?
• Toast the seeded bread ’til lightly crisp. Spread each slice with hummus.
• Top with sliced avocado and tomatoes.
• Sprinkle with everything seasoning and sprouts.
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
Looking for more healthy breakfast + lunch recipes? Try these!
image credit: The Kitchn
Seeking more inspiration for your avocado toast? Try these tasty toppings:
• Soft-boiled, hard-boiled, poached, fried or scrambled eggs
• Crispy cooked bacon + feta cheese
• Strawberries + balsamic vinegar
• Salsa + crushed tortilla chips
• Corn salad + squeeze of lime
• Smoked salmon + capers
• Tomatoes + mozzarella + balsamic vinegar (caprese!)
• Tuna + scallions
However you dish it up, I can guarantee you will LOVE how easy this avocado toast is. And, how good it makes you feel.
Grab your ingredients and try it for your breakfast, lunch or snack today!
- 4 slices seeded bread
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 2 medium avocados, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp. everything bagel seasoning
- few pinches fresh sprouts, optional
- Toast the seeded bread 'til lightly crisp. Spread each slice with hummus.
- Top with sliced avocado and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with seasoning and sprouts.
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!