Cool off with an icy cold, fresh watermelon martini with fresh lime juice and vodka! There’s no better summery sip.
Lately, I haven’t been able to stop daydreaming about frosty New England falls, big mugs of hot cocoa and fuzzy sweaters! What can I say, I’m a cold weather girl at heart. But, if there’s one thing that can distract me away from my winter weather wonderings, it’s an icy cold, fresh watermelon cocktail with a citrus twist. No sweater required!
I may tend towards tundra-like temperatures, but the mere mention of watermelon gets me excited for summertime all over again. Forget warm mugs of tea and sweaters big enough to get lost in – give me frilly skirts, this smooth, sinful cocktail and a straw with an umbrella! … And maybe a pool boy bearing an armful of sunflowers, too?
This tasty ‘tini is hardly sinful at only 90 calories! Just combine fresh watermelon, citrus vodka and your favorite liqueur – orange, lemon, or melon will do. Limoncello would be a great accompaniment, too!
Topped with a splash of lime juice and a sugared rim, this watermelon martini is as delicious and summery a cocktail as they come. Make yours pretty with a sliced lemon, lime or orange, or for an cute and creative touch, freeze a couple chunks of watermelon for fruity ice cubes! Cheers!
Citrus Watermelon Martini
- 3 cups seedless watermelon, cut into cubes
- 2 oz. citrus vodka, recommended: Absolut Citron
- 1 oz. orange, lemon or melon liqueur
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Granulated sugar or salt
- Lemon, lime or orange wedges
- In batches, puree watermelon cubes in a blender until smooth. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a liquid measuring cup, pressing on solids to extract liquid; discard solids. Add liquid back to blender. Add vodka, liqueur, lime juice and ice; blend well.
- To rim the martini glass with sugar or salt: Smooth out a thick layer of sugar or salt onto a surface wider than your glass. Go around the rim with a bit of lime juice. Press the top of the glass into the sugar or salt and gently rotate until coated.
- Fill each martini glass and garnish with slices of your choice citrus.
Please pass the martinis! These look divine :).
How lovely and refreshing! Gorgeous pictures too.
I don’t even like watermeleon but these look so refreshing! And I love that second picture. :)
Fill up a pitcher, I’m on my way! These look so refreshing, G!
Looks amazing! Going to make these to help me enjoy my weekend!
How refreshing! And just what I need on a Friday night!
Now I know what to do with the last of my watermelon!
I love summer and the sun but like you, I always start having those cozy fall feelings when we get close to back to school time.
You have the best watermelon recipes! This looks delicious.
Oh la la! Looks fabulous!
Lovely refreshing looking martini and so beautifully photographed too! Cheers:)
looks so yummy… love watermelon martinis, never made it at home. i’d be so wasted. :)
These might get made here tonight. They look incredible, and I just might have everything I need!
I love watermelon cocktails. I live in Georgia and watermelon is a great cooling treat in the heat of July. Definitely trying this one. Thanks for a great post!