Cool off with an icy cold, fresh watermelon martini with fresh lime juice and vodka! There’s no better summery sip.
Lately, I haven’t been able to stop daydreaming about frosty New England falls, big mugs of hot cocoa and fuzzy sweaters! What can I say, I’m a cold weather girl at heart. But, if there’s one thing that can distract me away from my winter weather wonderings, it’s an icy cold, fresh watermelon cocktail with a citrus twist. No sweater required!
I may tend towards tundra-like temperatures, but the mere mention of watermelon gets me excited for summertime all over again. Forget warm mugs of tea and sweaters big enough to get lost in – give me frilly skirts, this smooth, sinful cocktail and a straw with an umbrella! … And maybe a pool boy bearing an armful of sunflowers, too?
This tasty ‘tini is hardly sinful at only 90 calories! Just combine fresh watermelon, citrus vodka and your favorite liqueur – orange, lemon, or melon will do. Limoncello would be a great accompaniment, too!
Topped with a splash of lime juice and a sugared rim, this watermelon martini is as delicious and summery a cocktail as they come. Make yours pretty with a sliced lemon, lime or orange, or for an cute and creative touch, freeze a couple chunks of watermelon for fruity ice cubes! Cheers!
Citrus Watermelon Martini
- 3 cups seedless watermelon cut into cubes
- 2 oz. citrus vodka recommended: Absolut Citron
- 1 oz. orange lemon or melon liqueur
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- Granulated sugar or salt
- Lemon lime or orange wedges
- In batches, puree watermelon cubes in a blender until smooth. Pour through a fine-mesh sieve into a liquid measuring cup, pressing on solids to extract liquid; discard solids. Add liquid back to blender. Add vodka, liqueur, lime juice and ice; blend well.
- To rim the martini glass with sugar or salt: Smooth out a thick layer of sugar or salt onto a surface wider than your glass. Go around the rim with a bit of lime juice. Press the top of the glass into the sugar or salt and gently rotate until coated.
- Fill each martini glass and garnish with slices of your choice citrus.