These crispy, tender honey mustard chicken bites are coated with crushed pretzels for great sweet-salty flavor! They make a delicious and healthy meal (or party appetizer) for kids and adults alike!
As a child, I always looked forward to the nights when my mom cooked foods I didn’t like. That’s right, didn’t like. Why? It meant my dinner was basically a free-for-all. I could eat whatever I wanted – cereal, peanut butter and jelly, pizza – while my folks dined on white fish (which I love now) or stinky sautéed liver (sorry, mom). The fridge was my oyster. But, usually, my meal of choice was chicken nuggets. A kid favorite, for sure!
Instead of shaken from a frozen box, my favorite chicken nuggets these days are panko-crusted and baked ’til crispy. Served with a spicy ketchup or homemade honey mustard, they’re heaven on Earth. But, now I think I’ve found the second best secret to scrumptious chicken bites… pretzels!
I love that these crunchy, pretzel-coated chicken bites are so kid and adult-friendly! They’re super easy and fun to make, too. Just coat your chicken in flour, then in a honey mustard-egg mixture. Roll ’em up in your crushed pretzels, and onto your baking sheet they go. Just 15 minutes in your oven, and you have a delicious weeknight meal that everyone will love.
These bites are even better served with honey mustard… and I like mine spiced up with a little hot sauce! For a fun party appetizer, stick the bites with toothpicks and serve with a small bowl of honey mustard (or a variety of sauces) for dipping.
You’re just gonna love these!
Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken Bites
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey mustard plus more for dipping
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper. In a separate dish, whisk eggs and honey mustard. In a third dish, pour in crushed pretzels. Coat chicken pieces in flour, dip in egg, then coat with crushed pretzels. Place chicken bites on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 15 minutes, flipping bites halfway through baking, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with additional honey mustard for dipping, if desired.