These super soft, spiced pumpkin donuts pair perfectly with your morning coffee or tea! So fragrant, simple and absolutely scrumptious. Try these baked-not-fried treats today!
I confess, I have a bit of a morning sweet tooth. Do you, too? Instead of donuts or pastries, I usually quench my craving with a bowl of fresh fruit or cinnamon spiced oatmeal. But, a big stack of fluffy, freshly baked donuts is what I’m really longing for and picturing as I chomp into that apple. Sometimes a little visualization can get you through anything!
These donuts taste just as divine as they look, and packed full of pumpkin and fragrant fall spices. They bake up super soft and fluffy, and make your home smell like you have pumpkin candles burning, but you have something even better! Fresh hot donuts rising high in the oven and readying for a dip into a delicious cream cheese glaze.
These irresistible breakfast (or anytime) treats are only made even more delicious with a quick-and-easy cream cheese glaze! A simple mixture of softened cream cheese, vanilla extract and Karo® Light Syrup yields the most silky, smooth and perfectly dip-ready glaze for donuts, cinnamon rolls, muffins, and any other baked treat!
Once your donuts are cooled, dipped and coated, let the glaze set before digging in. Then, decorate to your heart’s delight! I love these little edible pearls, which you can find at most craft and cake decorating stores. So feminine and festive!
^ An actual klutzy moment with coffee, not an intentional artsy spill. Ha!
I love baking treats like this during the cooler autumn months, and especially as gifts for friends and family. Churning my home full of delicious scents, with cinnamon-spiced goodies puffing up in the oven, makes me so happy. Even better when these treats fill the hearts and bellies of their intended recipients! A batch of these beautiful pumpkin donuts would be sure to brighten the day of anyone you shared with or gifted them to. It’s a great way to show someone you really care!
Bake these donuts for a delicious beginning to any morning. They’re amazing with a hot tea, autumnal in flavor, and adorable, to boot. Please let me know how they turn out, if you try them!
Soft Pumpkin Donuts with Cream Cheese Glaze
For the donuts:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- (half-package) 18-ounce package spice cake mix
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup Argo® Corn Starch
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons Mazola® Corn Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Spice Islands® Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 large egg
For the glaze:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the donuts: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 6-cup standard size donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, beat all ingredients on medium speed until well blended, about 2 minutes. Pour batter into cups of prepared donut pan, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake 13-15 minutes, or until donuts spring back slightly when touched. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely before adding glaze.
- For the glaze: In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, corn syrup and vanilla extract until smooth. If you desire a thinner glaze, add milk or orange juice in 1/2-teaspoon increments to reach desired consistency.
- Invert tops of cooled donuts into glaze. Place on a wire rack to set.
The spilled coffee actually looks just perfect :) But not as perfect at these donuts!!
Can sugar, splenda or stevia be used in place of corn syrup? Maybe a bit more liquid to compensate if so? Also, I am hoping to try this recipe with my Bella mini donut maker, adjusting the cooking time of course. Thank you, in advance, for what is sure to be a new family favorite! :)
I have a cream cheese glaze recipe here that you might prefer (no corn syrup):