Super gooey, fudgy chocolate brownies with easy-to-find ingredients and heaps of healthy zucchini! So simple, delicious and a great way to sneak in some extra veggies. Bake a batch today!
Be as skittish as you want about all other risks in life, but I believe when it comes to food, you should live with wild abandon. Try everything once. Everything and anything. You don’t like it? That’s fine, you never have to eat it again. Chalk it up to a life experience, and maybe even a good story. As long as it isn’t harmful to you in some way, try it ALL.
If it turns out you don’t just like to eat, you like to cook, even better! You can get limitlessly creative with savory dishes and sweet treats you create. Let your taste buds and imagination run free. You can even do something as crazy as bake brownies with veggies in them! And no butter. And no flour.
And they still look like that. ^
These one-bowl zucchini brownies are melt-in-your-mouth moist and gooey, and so incredibly easy! The trick simply lies in good quality ingredients and some quick prep. Shred a couple zucchini (skin on), melt your chocolate chips, then combine them in a heaping big bowl with creamy almond butter and a handful of pantry staples. Whip it all up until everything is blended well, and smooth it into a baking pan.
In a little over 30 minutes, you will have the most irresistibly fudgy, fabulous chocolate brownies made from scratch, with a sneaky veggie surprise. Have fun fooling kids and adults alike into trying something new!
Enjoy these brownies, and if you bake a batch, let me know how they turn out for you!
Flourless Zucchini Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 medium zucchini shredded (unpeeled)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 9-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly until smooth. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.