Salty, sweet, tangy and fresh! This easy twist on caprese salad with sweet peaches and creamy avocado is summer on a platter. Serve at parties, or make it a meal with crusty bread and a green salad!
Oh my STARS, y’all.
If you have never tried this combination before, you are in for a real treat… Southern style! Using slices of juicy peaches and creamy avocado, this freshened up caprese salad is a true Texas star. However, it is easy enough to prepare (do you have 10 minutes?) anywhere you live.
If you’ve spent more than twenty seconds on my site, you know that in my world, caprese equals love. That combination of sweet tomatoes, tangy balsamic, and salty fresh mozzarella is IT for me. It would be my last meal.
But, the buck doesn’t stop with that tasty trio. I love to change it up as often as I can, and add dynamic flavors to this already fantastic Italian favorite.
Now, I never intended to eat everything but the plate and props after finishing the glamour shots. (And I mean everything.) But, it just sort of happened.
That is how un-freaking-believably delicious this salad was.
It couldn’t be simpler to make, either. If you’re serving four (or two hungry caprese lovers), just slice a few tomatoes, a peach, an avocado, and a ball of mozzarella. Buy the freshest of everything you can find! Layer them together on a large platter and sprinkle with salt, pepper and basil leaves. Drizzle on a good quality olive oil and balsamic vinegar, or make a balsamic reduction. The balsamic really takes it over the top!
The next time I make this salad, I’m going to grill the peaches to impart some caramelized-smoky sweetness. Maybe add some proscuitto. I cannot imagine this caprese could be any better, but I’m going to try!
- 1 medium ripe fresh peach, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 8 oz. mozzarella, ball about size of your fist, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Good olive oil, for drizzling
- Balsamic reduction, recipe here, for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- On a large platter layer sliced peaches, avocado, tomatoes and mozzarella. Sprinkle with fresh basil. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic reduction. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.