Soft and fluffy whole wheat muffins with fresh sweet potato and apple bake up a delicious breakfast. These tiny, wholesome treats are full of warm flavors… and kids love them, too!
As my little girl grows, and so does her appetite, I’m starting to introduce her to more grown-up tastes. Cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg are all favorites, and they even help her stomach healthy veggie purees she’s less than thrilled about! Beyond mushy peas, though, I’ve started to give her bites of what the big kids eat… like these delicious, cinnamon-spiced mini muffins!
I love these two-bite treats for a quick and healthy breakfast. A big batch comes together so easily, and since they freeze well, you can enjoy them for weeks! All you need are a handful of pantry staples and spices, plus an apple and sweet potato, for these soft, golden muffins.
In no time flat, you (and maybe your little one) will be on your way to breakfast bliss!
Baby enjoyed these muffins so much (if her gummy grin was any indication), and so did her mama! They’re super moist and fluffy, with slightly spiced flavors both kids and adults will love.
Just mix up your dry ingredients with your wet ingredients, and scoop them into mini muffin tins. You can also make these in standard sized muffin tins for a heartier breakfast or brunch treat. Bake until puffy and golden, and just try and resist grabbing one of these gorgeous muffins hot out of the tray!
These mini muffins are so delicious, and pair perfectly with your morning coffee, especially on a chilly winter morning. Whip up a batch for a lazy weekend breakfast in!
Apple Cinnamon Sweet Potato Mini Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, or half all-purpose, half whole wheat
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups finely grated raw sweet potato or carrot
- 1 apple, coarsely grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 24 mini muffin cups, or 12 regular muffin cups, with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, sugars, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a smaller bowl, whisk eggs, oil, applesauce and vanilla. Add to flour mixture and stir until well combined. Fold in grated sweet potato and apple.
- Spoon into lined muffin cups, filling 3/4 full. Bake for 13-15 minutes (for mini muffins) or 20-25 minutes (full-sized muffins), until golden and springy to the touch.
I think this recipe is written by professional chef, awesome work. I appreciate it.
I love the colour the sweet potato lends to these delicious muffins – they sound divine! :D That is so excited your baby girl is starting to eat more solid foods :D x
I love to watch little ones eating something they think is outstanding. The food is everywhere but there’s such a big smile. Cute! I’ve never made sweet potato muffins with or without apple. Yum.
I am so anxious to try these muffins! They look so moist and delicious!
I’m going to make these for my picky 1-year old this weekend. Thank you! :)
My wife will be happy to see this additional recipe to her lists. Thanks for sharing your recipe. I know this is very delicious muffins.
Do I use sweet potatoes (yellow/beige on inside) or yams (orange on inside). I know some people use different terminology depending on where they are from.
Either work just fine, but I used what you call yams (orange on inside).
how many calories are in these mini muffin?