Sip on a little summer with a sparkling, citrusy grapefruit cocktail! Oranges, lemons, limes and grapefruits are at their tastiest (and cheapest) this time of year!
It’s grapefruit season, dontcha know, and I intend to make every possible use out of this pretty pink citrus! It’s packed with vitamin C, sweet yet tart and perfect with a splash of club soda, vodka or tequila, and fresh lime juice. For a sinless yet still delish mock-tail, substitute the liquor with additional club soda or flavored sparkling water!
Here’s toasting to you, and also my first day of working with Purr Design on a new look! Times are a changing and it’s about time The Comfort of Cooking got a makeover. I’m so excited to share the process with you along the way to a fun, fresh new design set to debut sometime in February. Feel free to let me know if there’s anything new you’d like to see around here, too. :)
Sparkling Grapefruit Cocktail
- Coarse sugar or salt
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, from 1 grapefruit
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice, from 1-2 limes
- 1/2 cup vodka or clear tequila
- 2 tbsp. simple syrup*
- 3/4 cups club soda, divided
- Rim 3 cocktail glasses with juice from a grapefruit wedge; dip in coarse sugar or salt, giving a gentle turn in each direction to coat the glasses.
- In a liquid measuring cup or cocktail shaker, combine grapefruit and lime juices, liquor and simple syrup. Mix or shake well to blend. Fill glasses with crushed ice.
- Pour 1/4 cup club soda into each cocktail glass. Top off each equally with the grapefruit mixture. Garnish with grapefruit wedges, if desired.
- *To make simple syrup, combine equal parts sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar is fully dissolved. Chill before using. Use to sweeten coffee, cocktails, etc.
Ah! spring and summer in a drink glass! So pretty!
Now I know just what to do with that grapefruit languishing in my fridge!
Oh hello pretty little drink, come on over!
this could perk up my tastebuds.
I’m really looking forward to your redesign! And great drink – I could sure use a glass right now!
So pretty, love that sugared rim! Can’t wait to see your new look!
I didn’t know it was grapefruit season until you memtinoed it, it’s always on sale. :-) lovely drink.
Yum! I made a grapefruit margarita not long ago and it was amazing. I love that this has the club soda in it to give it some sparkle and fizz. Will have to try this one soon!
This looks so great!! And i really love your layout, i want to give mine a restyle too but i’m such an loser with that kind of stuff. I have to ask my brother in law one day ;-)!
This drink reminds me of spring while over here, it’s snowing!
Love from the Netherlands!
i signed up with Lindsay from Purr too! I’m on the wait list. :) I wait this cocktail right now. My work day has been awful today Georgia! I love drinking pink cocktails. :)
Grapefruit is a winter fruit, so this time of year (when they’re in season) is the best time to make this cocktail… even though it looks summery! ;)
Just happened to buy some gorgeous grapefruits on sale last week. This sounds so wonderful and refreshing!
I adore the tartness of a grapefruit. Lovely light summery cocktail. I’ll bookmark for our summer months, it’s winter here right now.
Excited for your new design, and this cocktail. I love its summery look!
oooo….i love recipes that i can use tequila besides the typical margarita! I don’t know what your blog looked like before but facelifts are always fun…mine just got one this past month!
It’s grapefruit season? Where the heck do you live, Georgia??? I am jealous already. And I can’t wait to see your new design! This is a cocktail recipe right up my alley. I am pinning this beautiful thing.
Texas girl here, but winter is the season where citrus it at its best!! Grab yourself some and make this cocktail!
Oh I love this one!
this sounds refreshing and delicious! I just discovered your blog and am totally hooked!