Spice up dinnertime with this easy, scrumptious chicken chili mac made in one skillet in just 30 minutes!
You know when a recipe comes along and it just knocks you on your buns? Yea, well, strap in. I just found a new one for you!
This colorful, spicy and crazy flavorful chicken chili mac is out-ray-JUS! It’s saucy and cheesy and a just a whole lotta love in one big bowl. Taking a twist on the traditional beef chili mac using chicken, whole grain pasta and a chicken broth base, it’s only packing around 300 calories per serving, too.
… In other words, you can have another Christmas cookie. Hooray!
This delicious dish also packs a bunch of basic ingredients that you probably already have!
Heaps of spices, beans, pasta and tomatoes combined with lean chicken breasts makes for one sinless, scrumptious meal! Spoon yourself a bowl full, grab your favorite toppings along with some Sargento Shredded Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese, and dig in!
Skillet Chicken Chili Mac
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/2 yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes slightly drained
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans drained
- 1 15 oz. can black beans drained
- 4 cups 32 oz. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups whole grain elbow pasta or your choice
- Shredded cheese Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese
- Chopped cilantro
- Green onions
- Sour cream/Plain yogurt
- Hot sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add raw chicken chunks and toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high. Once hot, add chicken and onion. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, both beans and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Add pasta and cover pot, stirring occasionally. Cook for about 7 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Serve in bowls and top with desired toppings.