Spice up dinnertime with this easy, scrumptious chicken chili mac made in one skillet in just 30 minutes!
You know when a recipe comes along and it just knocks you on your buns? Yea, well, strap in. I just found a new one for you!
This colorful, spicy and crazy flavorful chicken chili mac is out-ray-JUS! It’s saucy and cheesy and a just a whole lotta love in one big bowl. Taking a twist on the traditional beef chili mac using chicken, whole grain pasta and a chicken broth base, it’s only packing around 300 calories per serving, too.
… In other words, you can have another Christmas cookie. Hooray!
This delicious dish also packs a bunch of basic ingredients that you probably already have!
Heaps of spices, beans, pasta and tomatoes combined with lean chicken breasts makes for one sinless, scrumptious meal! Spoon yourself a bowl full, grab your favorite toppings along with some Sargento Shredded Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese, and dig in!
Skillet Chicken Chili Mac
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb. 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, slightly drained
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained
- 4 cups 32 oz. low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups whole grain elbow pasta, or your choice
- Shredded cheese, Sargento® Shredded Reduced Fat Mexican Cheese
- Chopped cilantro
- Green onions
- Sour cream/Plain yogurt
- Hot sauce
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Add raw chicken chunks and toss to coat.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high. Once hot, add chicken and onion. Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, both beans and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Add pasta and cover pot, stirring occasionally. Cook for about 7 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Serve in bowls and top with desired toppings.
we love making chili mac, but we normally use beef. i’m going to try mine with chicken next time!
Love all the flavors in this! And it’s only 300 calories?! Amazing.
I’m all for a skillet meal, this looks so good!
this looks amazing– i’ll take a bowl of this and another cookie :)
This is my kind of dinner!
Looks zesty and yummy!
We love skillet meals, this one will definitely be added to the rotation!
This sounds wonderful – YUM!
I also make something similar only with beef instead of chicken, but agree with the others that this sounds wonderful! I think it would be good with a can of corn or some frozen corn added instead of one of the cans of beans (or in addition if you need to stretch a meal).