Make your next lazy morning sizzlin’ with this super flavorful, simple potato hash with bell peppers and onions!
Unlike a lot of people I know, I’m a morning person. Don’t go getting me up before 7am, but anytime after and I’ll usually feel brighter than the sunshine itself! This also means, of course, I am NO nightowl. Go ahead and shake your moneymaker at the club ‘til dawn… I’ll be tucked up in bed asleep before Jeopardy. Oh, hey little youngster, can I offer you a hand knitted blanket or a Werther’s caramel?
Being a morning person means I need my fuel, and nothing does the trick like an egg, fruit and a little starch. Okay, who are we kidding… a lotta starch some mornings. Some mornings. If I had it my way, every morning. But a girl’s still gotta rock a bikini while it’s blazing hot down South! Can I get an amen?
Once swimsuit season’s a thing of the past and sweaters are here to stay for a few months, I’ll indulge a little more (and easily be able to hide the evidence). That means more of this crisp, flavorful deliciousness in a pan for long breakfasts and lazy brunches. Besides, who says you can’t have onions and garlic before lunchtime? Just don’t go kissin’ around!
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 4 large or 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into ½” cubes
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oil and butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add potatoes, toss to coat with oil, and place a lid on the pan. Allow the potatoes to cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and increase the heat to medium high. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes and vegetables turn golden brown.
- Add the parsley and garlic; cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.