Gooey, golden and hot out of the oven! This 6-ingredient garlic bread is the answer to all life’s worries. Bake up a loaf in under 30 minutes, and commence drooling. This bread is so easy, and so addictively good!
When I was first learning to cook, I remember begging my mom for her garlic bread recipe to impress a new guy. How wrong I was about the guy, but her oh-so-easy garlic bread recipe has stuck with me for decades. Those fluffy, buttery pieces just begging to be pulled and swiped on a saucy plate. Always winning over friends and family, and of course, my husband can never get enough!
Her secret was simple: Buy a good crackling yet soft loaf (crusty Italian or sourdough work best), slice into it (but not all the way down), and stir up a simple mixture of butter, garlic and herbs (swipe it on the insides – be generous). Wrap it in foil, into a hot oven, and try not to watch your clock too intensely as your kitchen fills with the amazing garlicky aroma.
I have made this SO many times, and every time I pull it out of the oven, I’m suddenly surrounded with “oohs” and “omg, what is that.” It needs no fancy presentation on a table, and no explanation. Just peel open the foil and watch your hungry guests devour this delicious loaf. It is always the first thing to go, when I have friends and family for dinner. And I always regret not making more loaves!
Stop drooling and get baking. You are going to LOVE this luscious, cheesy garlic bread!
Cheesy Pull-Apart Garlic Bread
- 1 crusty Italian bread
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp.) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk melted butter, garlic and parsley.
- With a serrated knife, slice bread diagonally into 1-inch diamonds (careful not to slice all the way through). Place on top of a large piece of aluminum foil.
- Open up bread cracks with your fingers. Drizzle with melted butter and add pinches of shredded mozzarella. Wrap in foil, covering on all sides, and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese has mostly melted. Open up foil and bake for another 5 minutes, or until crusty.