3-Ingredient Baked Ham and Cheese Rollups

You may not know this, but I have a sort of Superman/Clark Kent-like thing going on in the kitchen.

At least I like to think it’s that cool.

See, I get a “high” off of buying tons of goodies from the grocery store… fresh fruits and veggies, pastas and herbs, meats and sweets. Whole Foods is my playground. I also have an alarmingly short memory (pregnancy brain, maybe?) so end up forgetting half the things I bought. This makes un-bagging groceries exceedingly exciting. It’s like getting a preview of what you get to eat in the next week!

But, after I’ve laid out all 10 million treasures and then put them away, I start thinking of ways to use as little of it as possible… to make the most mouthwatering meals!

This is also the case when we have nothing to eat in the house. Which, with a 9-month-preggo and a guy with a garbage disposal-sized appetite, seems to be more often the case.

But, regardless of whether the fridge is fully stocked or I’m scrounging for supper, I always appreciate a quick and easy meal. Deli ham, shredded cheese, pizza dough and a spicy, grainy mustard are staples. We’ve always got ‘em (and maybe you do, too!). So, dinner was decided.

These super simple Ham and Cheese Rollups knocked us both off our seats! Just toss your ham and cheese onto a batch of stretched out pizza dough, roll it up tight, and pinch the edges to seal. In under an hour, it crisps up into a beautifully golden, gooey loaf!

Each slice is full of scrumptious, hearty lick-your-plate goodness. Crazy delicious dunked in your favorite spicy mustard and served with a big green salad on the side.

You’ve got to try it!

PrintPrint Recipe

3-Ingredient Baked Ham and Cheese Rollups

Yield: Makes 8 slices

1 ball pizza dough
8 oz. thinly sliced deli ham
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Optional:
Fresh parsley, for sprinkling
Mustard or horseradish sauce, for serving

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Press to form a 12 x 8-inch rectangle.

Arrange ham slices evenly over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Starting at one of the short ends, roll up dough to form log. Pinch seam together to seal. Place, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet.

Bake for 50 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 8 slices with a serrated knife.

Serve with mustard or horseradish sauce, if desired.

TIP
Feel free to assemble the loaf and refrigerate up to 1 day before baking.

Adapted from Kraft

43 Responses to “3-Ingredient Baked Ham and Cheese Rollups”

Jules @ WolfItDown — May 14, 2014 @ 3:30 am

*jawdrop* This looks epically delicious! This is what the street kitchens should serve up. Actually, I’m heading to a friend’s tonight for some catching up on Eurovision, could maybe suggest making this :D Thanks for a great recipe as always Georgia. I hope you and your little family are doing well :) x

Choc Chip Uru — May 14, 2014 @ 5:39 am

3 ingredients? Delicious and just about gourmet looking, you work wonders :D

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

Marie @ Little Kitchie — May 14, 2014 @ 5:52 am

I know that I would LOVE this! So much goodness, and wonderfully easy!

Angie@Angie's Recipes — May 14, 2014 @ 7:27 am

This looks SCRUMPTIOUS!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — May 14, 2014 @ 7:44 am

The grocery store is my favorite place on earth. I’m happy you love it as much as I do Georgia! :) Love these simple roll-ups. Must try!

ingrid — May 14, 2014 @ 9:28 am

WOW!! amazing and it looks beautiful!!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — May 14, 2014 @ 9:33 am

This sounds so good! I can’t wait to try it!

Caroline {TheBarbeeHousewife} — May 14, 2014 @ 9:35 am

This looks great and like something we would really enjoy here. Thanks for sharing!

Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice — May 14, 2014 @ 9:45 am

I absolutely love Whole Foods! I could spend hours there. These roll-ups look delicious and super easy! Love it!

shashi @ runninsrilankan — May 14, 2014 @ 10:49 am

Such a quick and easy meal – AND easy to remember ingredients! ;)
    I seem to have not outgrown my preggo brain (my daughter is 15) – but these ingredients, even I could remember!

ami@naivecookcooks — May 14, 2014 @ 11:48 am

These look so good and perfect for brunch! Thanks for sharing!

Monica — May 14, 2014 @ 11:59 am

My son would love this – how can you beat 3 ingredients and when it’s meat, cheese, and bread at that! Excellent, Georgia!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — May 14, 2014 @ 12:53 pm

Georgia these are absolute perfection!

Phi @ The Sweetphi Blog — May 14, 2014 @ 1:44 pm

This is seriously genius! Love recipes that only have a few ingredients, and this one totally fits the bill. Looks so yummy Georgia!!

John@Kitchen Riffs — May 14, 2014 @ 3:50 pm

Gosh, this looks so great! I love minimalist recipes like this. Good job! And thanks.

Jacki @ Two Forks One Love — May 14, 2014 @ 5:50 pm

Yum! This would be fantastic for a brunch!

Kathi @ Deliciously Yum! — May 14, 2014 @ 6:37 pm

I get just as excited when my weekly trip to the grocery store rolls around :). I wish I could come up with fabulous meals like this one when we’re running low on food though. Still cannot believe you made this with only 3 ingredients!

Patty — May 14, 2014 @ 6:41 pm

I love having fun with food and have been known to do a little damage in Whole Foods!
    I like the look of your very creative baked ham and cheese rollups-they look perfect for a warm weather meal with a green salad on the side ;-)

Gaby — May 14, 2014 @ 7:32 pm

I love simple dishes like this for busy days!

Nami | Just One Cookbook — May 15, 2014 @ 12:26 am

I’m simply amazed with this creative recipe, Georgia! I think I’ll try this this weekend lunch!! I hope mine will come out beautiful like yours! You’re almost there! I can’t wait to see your little baby girl!

Maureen | Orgasmic Chef — May 15, 2014 @ 3:02 am

What a perfect lunch! I don’t buy into that pregnancy brain thing. I think tiredness and dehydration are the cause. :)

Megan {Country Cleaver} — May 15, 2014 @ 11:14 am

Ah-mazing!!! This looks absolutely perfect – and hello appetizers for the holidays.

Angel Reyes — May 15, 2014 @ 1:47 pm

This looks so beautiful!!! I can’t believe how perfect it is. I must do this!

Samantha — May 15, 2014 @ 3:26 pm

I’m glad somebody finally feels the same way I do about grocery stores and grocery shopping. Some people love going to the mall, I’d much rather prefer the grocery store. To me, it’s fun. I love finding new products or new food items to bring home and incorporate them into dinner.

Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg — May 15, 2014 @ 7:21 pm

I love this kind of meal. Simple and delicious and easy to pull together.

marcie — May 17, 2014 @ 10:15 am

Whole Foods is my playground, too — it’s so much fun! I hate when I go there with no inspiration, however, and I come home wondering what I’m going to make with it all. :) This is such a great idea, and my kids would completely flip out over this meal!

Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking — May 19, 2014 @ 5:15 pm

ohmigod this looks sooo delicious! If that were in front of me right now, I would not share, not even with my husband, and it would be gone in a matter of minutes! YUUUMM

Cristina Calvo — May 23, 2014 @ 10:28 am

Hi Georgia. I stumbled over this recipe on Pinterest. What a simple and deletactable treat it is. I’ve done this recipe a lot of times because it’s so addicting – perfect for my sister in college who doesn;t know a lot of of quick recipes apart from sandwiches and ramen noodles, of course. Haha. Also, baking is less time consuming than having to fry by batch.

Trish — May 30, 2014 @ 9:21 am

What kind of pizza dough do you recommend? Frozen, refrigerated, homemade?

• Georgia — May 31st, 2014 @ 9:17 am

Any kind works fine, but I used a batch of homemade pizza dough that had been previously frozen.

Elisse Cook — May 31, 2014 @ 7:46 pm

My fiance and I are making this tonight! So excited!!!!

vizcara — June 2, 2014 @ 12:27 am

I guess no one has heard of Stromboli before…

Janet Bradley — June 17, 2014 @ 1:35 pm

Could you maybe add in some diced onions and maybe spread some salad dressing on the dough before baking. That way maybe it would add some extra flavor to it. I really like the recipe as written, but I ALWAYS (ALWAYS) change a recipe to my taste bud likings ;o}

• Georgia — June 17th, 2014 @ 1:48 pm

Sounds good to me!

Robin P — June 18, 2014 @ 7:03 pm

I can’t wait to try this. I’ll probably switch of the cheese to either Swiss or Havarti, and add some baby spinach leaves and some julienne slices of granny smith apples.

Lisa B — July 21, 2014 @ 7:40 pm

I made this for dinner tonight and it was AMAZING!!! My kids even loved it…definitely going to become a regular in my meal rotation. Next time I think I will chop up some green onions on it. The possibilities are endless.

Jess — August 17, 2014 @ 1:00 pm

Made it. Loved it. Can’t wait to make it for a crowd :)

kelly — August 21, 2014 @ 2:24 pm

Made last night with a combo of American and gruyere cheeses with thyme sprinkled on cheese, and it was completely outstanding and simple to make my husband absolutely loved it too!

Seraphine Ruligirwa-Kamara — September 18, 2014 @ 3:27 am

Great simple recipe, thank you!

Gigi — October 3, 2014 @ 6:50 pm

This works really quick (and wonderfully delicious) with canned crescent roll! This way bakes in less than 20 minutes.

Kate+@+Eat+Clean+with+Kate — November 14, 2014 @ 8:19 am

My fiance and I just bought a house, and no longer have a Whole Foods nearby after living by one for over 2 years. We miss it dearly, even if we did spend wayyyy too much money there! These look like a perfect Holiday party dish. Thanks Georgia!

Marisa — November 30, 2014 @ 9:23 pm

This was delicious. I added an egg wash for browning and looks–recommend.

I actually took it out of my oven about 20 minutes early because it looked like it was on its way to burning, so in my opinion 50 minutes at 400, is way too long. My oven is new, so perhaps with an older model it might be different. IDK.

Benantha — December 17, 2014 @ 9:17 pm

Don’t know how I found your website while surfing! But I did and was looking through it. WOW…lots of great recipes. Your website is a keeper. I am going to try to make this rollup this weekend. Looks yummy!