3-Ingredient Baked Ham and Cheese Rollups

All you need are 3 ingredients for these scrumptious ham and cheese rollups! Beyond delish dunked in mustard or horseradish sauce, and incredibly easy to make for weeknights!

3-Ingredient Baked Ham and Cheese Rollups – These scrumptious ham and cheese rollups are easily made with pizza dough for a delish weeknight meal! | thecomfortofcooking.com

You may not know this, but I have a sort of Superman/Clark Kent-like thing going on in the kitchen.

At least I like to think it’s that cool.

See, I get a “high” off of buying tons of goodies from the grocery store… fresh fruits and veggies, pastas and herbs, meats and sweets. Whole Foods is my playground. I also have an alarmingly short memory (pregnancy brain, maybe?) so end up forgetting half the things I bought. This makes un-bagging groceries exceedingly exciting. It’s like getting a preview of what you get to eat in the next week!

But, after I’ve laid out all 10 million treasures and then put them away, I start thinking of ways to use as little of it as possible… to make the most mouthwatering meals!

This is also the case when we have nothing to eat in the house. Which, with a 9-month-preggo and a guy with a garbage disposal-sized appetite, seems to be more often the case.

But, regardless of whether the fridge is fully stocked or I’m scrounging for supper, I always appreciate a quick and easy meal. Deli ham, shredded cheese, pizza dough and a spicy, grainy mustard are staples. We’ve always got ‘em (and maybe you do, too!). So, dinner was decided.

These super simple Ham and Cheese Rollups knocked us both off our seats! Just toss your ham and cheese onto a batch of stretched out pizza dough, roll it up tight, and pinch the edges to seal. In under an hour, it crisps up into a beautifully golden, gooey loaf!

Each slice is full of scrumptious, hearty lick-your-plate goodness. Crazy delicious dunked in your favorite spicy mustard and served with a big green salad on the side.

You’ve got to try it!

Craving more? Keep in touch on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for new post updates and more. You can also contact me with any questions or inquiries!

PrintPrint Recipe

3-Ingredient Baked Ham and Cheese Rollups

Yield: Makes 8 slices

1 ball pizza dough
8 oz. thinly sliced deli ham
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Optional:
Fresh parsley, for sprinkling
Mustard or horseradish sauce, for serving

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll out pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Press to form a 12 x 8-inch rectangle.

Arrange ham slices evenly over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Starting at one of the short ends, roll up dough to form log. Pinch seam together to seal. Place, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet.

Bake for 50 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 8 slices with a serrated knife.

Serve with mustard or horseradish sauce, if desired.

TIP
Feel free to assemble the loaf and refrigerate up to 1 day before baking.

Cooking times may vary based on the thickness of the pizza dough you're using. For instance, refrigerated canned pizza dough may only require a baking time of 20 minutes or so.

Adapted from Kraft

61 Responses to “3-Ingredient Baked Ham and Cheese Rollups”

Jules @ WolfItDown — May 14, 2014 @ 3:30 am

*jawdrop* This looks epically delicious! This is what the street kitchens should serve up. Actually, I’m heading to a friend’s tonight for some catching up on Eurovision, could maybe suggest making this :D Thanks for a great recipe as always Georgia. I hope you and your little family are doing well :) x

Choc Chip Uru — May 14, 2014 @ 5:39 am

3 ingredients? Delicious and just about gourmet looking, you work wonders :D

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

Marie @ Little Kitchie — May 14, 2014 @ 5:52 am

I know that I would LOVE this! So much goodness, and wonderfully easy!

Angie@Angie's Recipes — May 14, 2014 @ 7:27 am

This looks SCRUMPTIOUS!

sally @ sallys baking addiction — May 14, 2014 @ 7:44 am

The grocery store is my favorite place on earth. I’m happy you love it as much as I do Georgia! :) Love these simple roll-ups. Must try!

ingrid — May 14, 2014 @ 9:28 am

WOW!! amazing and it looks beautiful!!

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — May 14, 2014 @ 9:33 am

This sounds so good! I can’t wait to try it!

Caroline {TheBarbeeHousewife} — May 14, 2014 @ 9:35 am

This looks great and like something we would really enjoy here. Thanks for sharing!

Gayle @ Pumpkin 'N Spice — May 14, 2014 @ 9:45 am

I absolutely love Whole Foods! I could spend hours there. These roll-ups look delicious and super easy! Love it!

shashi @ runninsrilankan — May 14, 2014 @ 10:49 am

Such a quick and easy meal – AND easy to remember ingredients! ;)
    I seem to have not outgrown my preggo brain (my daughter is 15) – but these ingredients, even I could remember!

ami@naivecookcooks — May 14, 2014 @ 11:48 am

These look so good and perfect for brunch! Thanks for sharing!

Monica — May 14, 2014 @ 11:59 am

My son would love this – how can you beat 3 ingredients and when it’s meat, cheese, and bread at that! Excellent, Georgia!

Jocelyn (Grandbaby Cakes) — May 14, 2014 @ 12:53 pm

Georgia these are absolute perfection!

Phi @ The Sweetphi Blog — May 14, 2014 @ 1:44 pm

This is seriously genius! Love recipes that only have a few ingredients, and this one totally fits the bill. Looks so yummy Georgia!!

John@Kitchen Riffs — May 14, 2014 @ 3:50 pm

Gosh, this looks so great! I love minimalist recipes like this. Good job! And thanks.

Jacki @ Two Forks One Love — May 14, 2014 @ 5:50 pm

Yum! This would be fantastic for a brunch!

Kathi @ Deliciously Yum! — May 14, 2014 @ 6:37 pm

I get just as excited when my weekly trip to the grocery store rolls around :). I wish I could come up with fabulous meals like this one when we’re running low on food though. Still cannot believe you made this with only 3 ingredients!

Patty — May 14, 2014 @ 6:41 pm

I love having fun with food and have been known to do a little damage in Whole Foods!
    I like the look of your very creative baked ham and cheese rollups-they look perfect for a warm weather meal with a green salad on the side ;-)

Gaby — May 14, 2014 @ 7:32 pm

I love simple dishes like this for busy days!

Nami | Just One Cookbook — May 15, 2014 @ 12:26 am

I’m simply amazed with this creative recipe, Georgia! I think I’ll try this this weekend lunch!! I hope mine will come out beautiful like yours! You’re almost there! I can’t wait to see your little baby girl!

Maureen | Orgasmic Chef — May 15, 2014 @ 3:02 am

What a perfect lunch! I don’t buy into that pregnancy brain thing. I think tiredness and dehydration are the cause. :)

Megan {Country Cleaver} — May 15, 2014 @ 11:14 am

Ah-mazing!!! This looks absolutely perfect – and hello appetizers for the holidays.

Angel Reyes — May 15, 2014 @ 1:47 pm

This looks so beautiful!!! I can’t believe how perfect it is. I must do this!

Samantha — May 15, 2014 @ 3:26 pm

I’m glad somebody finally feels the same way I do about grocery stores and grocery shopping. Some people love going to the mall, I’d much rather prefer the grocery store. To me, it’s fun. I love finding new products or new food items to bring home and incorporate them into dinner.

Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg — May 15, 2014 @ 7:21 pm

I love this kind of meal. Simple and delicious and easy to pull together.

marcie — May 17, 2014 @ 10:15 am

Whole Foods is my playground, too — it’s so much fun! I hate when I go there with no inspiration, however, and I come home wondering what I’m going to make with it all. :) This is such a great idea, and my kids would completely flip out over this meal!

Lindsey @ American Heritage Cooking — May 19, 2014 @ 5:15 pm

ohmigod this looks sooo delicious! If that were in front of me right now, I would not share, not even with my husband, and it would be gone in a matter of minutes! YUUUMM

Cristina Calvo — May 23, 2014 @ 10:28 am

Hi Georgia. I stumbled over this recipe on Pinterest. What a simple and deletactable treat it is. I’ve done this recipe a lot of times because it’s so addicting – perfect for my sister in college who doesn;t know a lot of of quick recipes apart from sandwiches and ramen noodles, of course. Haha. Also, baking is less time consuming than having to fry by batch.

Trish — May 30, 2014 @ 9:21 am

What kind of pizza dough do you recommend? Frozen, refrigerated, homemade?

• Georgia — May 31st, 2014 @ 9:17 am

Any kind works fine, but I used a batch of homemade pizza dough that had been previously frozen.

Elisse Cook — May 31, 2014 @ 7:46 pm

My fiance and I are making this tonight! So excited!!!!

vizcara — June 2, 2014 @ 12:27 am

I guess no one has heard of Stromboli before…

Janet Bradley — June 17, 2014 @ 1:35 pm

Could you maybe add in some diced onions and maybe spread some salad dressing on the dough before baking. That way maybe it would add some extra flavor to it. I really like the recipe as written, but I ALWAYS (ALWAYS) change a recipe to my taste bud likings ;o}

• Georgia — June 17th, 2014 @ 1:48 pm

Sounds good to me!

Robin P — June 18, 2014 @ 7:03 pm

I can’t wait to try this. I’ll probably switch of the cheese to either Swiss or Havarti, and add some baby spinach leaves and some julienne slices of granny smith apples.

Lisa B — July 21, 2014 @ 7:40 pm

I made this for dinner tonight and it was AMAZING!!! My kids even loved it…definitely going to become a regular in my meal rotation. Next time I think I will chop up some green onions on it. The possibilities are endless.

Jess — August 17, 2014 @ 1:00 pm

Made it. Loved it. Can’t wait to make it for a crowd :)

kelly — August 21, 2014 @ 2:24 pm

Made last night with a combo of American and gruyere cheeses with thyme sprinkled on cheese, and it was completely outstanding and simple to make my husband absolutely loved it too!

Seraphine Ruligirwa-Kamara — September 18, 2014 @ 3:27 am

Great simple recipe, thank you!

Gigi — October 3, 2014 @ 6:50 pm

This works really quick (and wonderfully delicious) with canned crescent roll! This way bakes in less than 20 minutes.

Kate+@+Eat+Clean+with+Kate — November 14, 2014 @ 8:19 am

My fiance and I just bought a house, and no longer have a Whole Foods nearby after living by one for over 2 years. We miss it dearly, even if we did spend wayyyy too much money there! These look like a perfect Holiday party dish. Thanks Georgia!

Marisa — November 30, 2014 @ 9:23 pm

This was delicious. I added an egg wash for browning and looks–recommend.

I actually took it out of my oven about 20 minutes early because it looked like it was on its way to burning, so in my opinion 50 minutes at 400, is way too long. My oven is new, so perhaps with an older model it might be different. IDK.

Benantha — December 17, 2014 @ 9:17 pm

Don’t know how I found your website while surfing! But I did and was looking through it. WOW…lots of great recipes. Your website is a keeper. I am going to try to make this rollup this weekend. Looks yummy!

Virginia Roy — December 22, 2014 @ 1:22 pm

Can’t wait to make this with croissant rolls or crescent rolls. I will be putting leftover Christmas ham into my food processor for a jiffy or two, then tucking i into rolled bread….. Thamks for the wonderful idea! I will also try chicken this way.

Renee — December 26, 2014 @ 10:40 am

Could you freeze this (unbaked)? I am trying to use up leftover ham from Christmas.

• Georgia — December 28th, 2014 @ 9:17 am

I’ve never frozen these unbaked, but I think it would be possible if stored tightly in plastic wrap, placed in a tupperware. Just thaw it completely before baking.

Laurel — January 1, 2015 @ 5:09 pm

I make something like this, but i use cresent rolls and spread dijon mustard or ranch on the dough before putting on the ham and cheese

Michelle — January 27, 2015 @ 6:47 pm

This sounds simply wonderful. I am not fortunate enough to live close enough to a Whole Foods but the Trader Joe’s Rosemary Ham and their Shredded 6 Cheese Italian blend might just be super yum in this! Of course they have an herbed pizza dough too…
    Thanks for a great recipe – I can’t wait to give it a try!
    Also love your blog – just found it searching for a stuffed pepper soup [ can’t wait to make that one too ]!

Frankie — January 29, 2015 @ 4:27 pm

Hi, I just came across your blog and recipe as I was searching for baked ham and cheese bread rolls. This looks so delicious!! Can’t wait to try it! In fact I’ve just asked to make some sandwhiches for this Sunday’s Church luncheon and your recipe will be perfect!!! (this will also be perfect for hubby and my boys school lunches!) I do have a couple of questions though:
    1) In your tip section you mentioned that this can be rolled up and made the night before then just baked the next day (which I love prepping ahead!). My question is do I need to let it sit on the counter for an hour or two to warm up before baking? Can I can bake straight from the fridge? I’m making my own pizza dough.
    2) Can I bake these on parchment paper instead of a greased baking sheet?
    Your help and advice is greatly appreciated!! Oh and your blog is so lovely!!
    Regards,
    Frankie

• Georgia — January 29th, 2015 @ 5:52 pm

Hi Frankie – Thanks so much for your kind comment! I’d recommend letting the assembled loaf come to room temp on your countertop for about 30 minutes. But, if you don’t have the time, baking from chilled should be fine. And yes, you can bake on parchment paper. Happy cooking!

Janice Howard — February 12, 2015 @ 7:08 pm

This looks delicious. You stated to roll up starting at the short side. Wouldn’t that make it a big fat roll? I would have sworn you would use the longest side. I am
    definitely going to try this. Thanks for posting all your recipes

• Georgia — February 13th, 2015 @ 10:00 am

If you start rolling at the bottom of the short side, you’re rolling up the length of the long side. so that makes a roll the size pictured. Hope you enjoy!

Jonathan — February 18, 2015 @ 9:24 pm

I have a question: Is it okay to use two crescent roll dough in order to make miniature version of this recipe?

andi rauch — February 27, 2015 @ 3:41 pm

so if I used the pilsbury dough I would only need to bake for 20 minutes or so? everytime I try to cook something with dough myself I end up undercooking it and it burns on the outside a little and is still not cooked on the inside. it’s frustrating. lol.

• Georgia — February 28th, 2015 @ 4:27 pm

I’ve only ever made these rollups with thicker homemade dough, but I have heard from other readers that they needed to decrease the cooking time if using a thinner, more oily refrigerated crescent dough. Just keep an eye on it.

Nirmanie — March 5, 2015 @ 8:22 am

Hi! Thank you for posting this up. Could you substitute chicken instead of ham here?

• Georgia — March 5th, 2015 @ 9:47 am

Yes! I would just make sure it’s thinly sliced.

Alice — April 8, 2015 @ 7:58 pm

At 400 for the full 50 minutes? Is the dough just wrapped around it or rolled up in it? The picture doesn’t look like it has dough inside, just on the outside.

• Georgia — April 8th, 2015 @ 9:56 pm

Yes, though you may need to keep an eye on the rollup to avoid overcooking. The white part shown inside of the roll-up is mostly dough.

Druid — April 27, 2015 @ 9:05 am

Wow! Am going to try it w/ those rolls in a can b/c I have them and need to use them up. Love simple, fast, delish recipes, thanks!