Easy Mini Bagel Pizzas

If there’s one thing I’ve learned about entertaining, it’s that easy does it when it comes to the food…. especially when guys are involved! I cooked a big batch of these mini bagel pizzas for hubby’s poker night last weekend, and wouldn’t ya know it, the simplest recipe (among a sizable spread) flew off the platter! They couldn’t keep their card-playing paws off these cheesy, gooey bites of pizza goodness.

Who could blame ‘em?

I’ve made mini pizzas on top of homemade dough, sandwich thins, and zucchini slices, but you just can’t beat it on top of a toasty hot bagel. The short time it takes to make and bake these delicious mini pizzas yields insta-satisfaction for your pizza cravings. And who wants to wait more time than absolutely necessary to enjoy pizza?

Just split a bunch of mini bagels in half, spoon on your favorite pizza sauce, and top with shredded mozzarella. Toss on your favorite toppings (or stick with turkey pepperoni like me), and bake ‘til crisp and golden.

Voila! Kids love ‘em, guys gulp ‘em down like water, and you’re left with hardly any cleanup. Everyone’s happy.

For casual parties, these mouthwatering mini bagel pizzas would be a huge hit. They were at mine! Customize them to anything you like, and get some inspiration with my long list of topping ideas below! Keep busy weeknights easy by assembling these in the morning, then pop ‘em in the oven when you get home. Scoot a fresh green salad alongside, and dinner is served!

Cook up these crisp, delicious bagel pizzas tonight… and just try not to sing the jingle while you do!

Easy Mini Pizza Bagels

Yield: Makes 20-24

10-12 plain mini bagels, halved
1 cup pizza sauce/pasta sauce
8 oz. (2 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese

Topping Ideas
Cheese: Mozzarella, Mexican cheese, Asiago, Parmesan, Romano, bleu cheese, feta, provolone
Meat: Chicken, Italian sausage, bacon, ham, beef, chorizo, pepperoni, prosciutto, shrimp
Vegetables: Tomatoes, artichokes, roasted red peppers, onions, green peppers, jalapenos, spinach, cherry tomatoes, olives, mushrooms, banana peppers, squash, sweet corn, peas, avocado
Other: Pineapple chunks, black beans, fresh basil, garlic, sprouts, capers

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick aluminum foil.

Place mini bagels 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Top each with pizza sauce, cheese, and your desired toppings.

Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until bagel is crisp and cheese is golden. Serve immediately.

22 Responses to “Easy Mini Bagel Pizzas”

Medeja — February 19, 2014 @ 1:40 am

I like bagels, so such pizza bagels would be so good.. :) I hope next time I have bagels, I will leave couple for pizza :)

Jules @ WolfItDown — February 19, 2014 @ 3:27 am

That is such a great, simple idea :D No wonder they flew off the plate, they look fantastic!
    I like making pita pizzas (same concept :P) aaaand I have also made an omelette pizza before, using the omelette as the base, great for a bit of extra protein, and O so scrumptious :D x

Angie@Angie's Recipes — February 19, 2014 @ 6:08 am

I have never thought of turning bagel into pizza :-)) These look super duper delicious!

Marie @ Little Kitchie — February 19, 2014 @ 6:21 am

Simple is always best! I know these would go so fast with our friends too!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — February 19, 2014 @ 7:04 am

We absolutely love making pizza bagels! So fun!

Jennie @themessybakerblog — February 19, 2014 @ 8:48 am

The easier the recipe, the quicker I get to chow down. These look wonderful!

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — February 19, 2014 @ 11:34 am

What a great idea for entertaining! Love the versatility of it!

Valerie | From Valerie's Kitchen — February 19, 2014 @ 12:09 pm

Just to let you know – you’re going to be the best mom ever! :) Every kid in the neighborhood is going to know what’s going on it that kitchen. Love these!

Karissa @ Sweet as a Cookie — February 19, 2014 @ 12:16 pm

I could eat pizza for every meal of the day. These are adorable.

Gaby — February 19, 2014 @ 12:43 pm

Fabulous snack idea!

Tracy | PeanutButter and Onion — February 19, 2014 @ 12:57 pm

These look amazing, your right, I have made complicated food entertaining, and it never works.

ATasteOfMadness — February 19, 2014 @ 3:44 pm

My boyfriend used to live off these! But from the frozen food section. I think I would way rather have these. And so easy too!

Maureen | Orgasmic Chef — February 19, 2014 @ 3:46 pm

These are lovely and perfect for when you need a little bite. :)

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — February 19, 2014 @ 4:37 pm

Brilliant! You are so right…the most casual and tasty treats are gone first! At parties, my ham and cheese rolls are the first to go. Men and kids…they love treats like this! Who doesn’t love pizza? Thanks for sharing, Georgia. Pinning!

Monet — February 19, 2014 @ 10:57 pm

One of my all time favorites. Easy and good and perfect portion control! Thank you for sharing, sweet Georgia. I hope I can see you soon!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — February 20, 2014 @ 12:19 am

It’s hard to resist cheese and carbs, especially when the combo looks this good!

Nami | Just One Cookbook — February 20, 2014 @ 12:46 am

You’ll be a popular mom serving these mini bagel pizzas in school, parties, and home! Great idea, and I know this will be a great lunch menu on kids’ minimum day!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — February 20, 2014 @ 12:49 am

How fun is this?! I could seriously have this for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a midnight snack!

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs — February 20, 2014 @ 10:47 am

What a fantastic idea Georgia! As if bagels weren’t already great enough, you go and top them with cheese. Ohh girl, you’re my heroin!
    These are the cutest party idea ever. They look lovely :–)

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — February 20, 2014 @ 7:56 pm

aaaaand now I will deal with my fiance’ whining in my ear “WIIIILLLL YOU MAKE ME SOME OF THOSE BAGEL PIZZZAAAAAS???” lol

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — February 21, 2014 @ 1:54 pm

I used to love making mini pizzas when I was a kid. This brings back some good memories, and is making me want to whip up a batch soon!

Ramona — February 23, 2014 @ 6:45 am

You are certainly correct… kids do love these (big kids too). My kids would inhale them and want more. :) They look a million times better than those hockey puck frozen kind you can find in the store.