Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pretzel Bites

Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pretzel Bites

It’s a been a busy week, and to cap it off, yesterday I had the pleasure of presenting a few light and tasty comfort foods on Austin’s KXAN news channel! It was the most thrilling 3 minutes of my week, I tell ya!

I’ll post the video as soon as I get my hands on it, but first things first! Today I’m sharing with you one of my favorite two-bite treats for holiday parties and selfish snacking… muahaha.

Chocolate Pecan Pretzel Bites

If you’re a little sweet, a little salty, and a bit nutty (for chocolate that is), then these are for you! Crunchy pretzel squares topped with Rolos soften up in a hot oven for just a few minutes. Top them with a pecan (or walnut, almonds or even some dried fruit), press down on ‘em, then drizzle each with a bit of melted chocolate.

… You sure you want to bring these to that party after all?

Turtle Bites

Take 10 minutes to try these simple, sinfully good treats for yourself… and mayyyybee other people too, if they’re lucky! I bet you could convince even the non-chocolate lover in your life to gobble up a couple!

Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pretzel Bites

Yield: Makes 24 bites

24 small, square grid pretzels

3 packages Rolo candies (8 candies each)

24 pecan halves

6 oz. semisweet or white chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Place pretzel squares on baking sheet; top each with a Rolo. Bake for 2 minutes. Remove from oven and press a pecan half on top of each one, compressing the Rolo slightly.

Place pan in refrigerator to cool candies, at least 5 minutes and up to 1 day. In a small bowl, microwave chocolate chips to melt, and drizzle with a fork for garnish.

Adapted from Farm Flavor

19 Responses to “Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pretzel Bites”

SkinnyMommy — November 16, 2012 @ 2:16 pm

Divine!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — November 16, 2012 @ 3:25 pm

What a pretty snack! This sounds lovely!

Karly — November 16, 2012 @ 3:58 pm

I love these so hard. My kids and I make something similar with kisses, but I really need to try the rolo version!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — November 16, 2012 @ 4:14 pm

What a fun treat for the holidays! Love how easy they are!

Kelsey AppleaDay — November 16, 2012 @ 8:38 pm

How could you NOT love these? They’ve got a little bit of everything. I’d love to mix them up by topping some with a white chocolate drizzle and some with dark. Thanks for the idea!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — November 16, 2012 @ 11:36 pm

Totally in love with this sweet, salty, nutty combo! Is there anything better?

scrambledhenfruit — November 17, 2012 @ 12:02 am

I love treats that are as easy to make as these. I’d have a hard time sharing. :)

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — November 17, 2012 @ 5:43 am

These bites look dangerously delicious! Love the salty-sweet combo!

Laura — November 17, 2012 @ 4:16 pm

These look absolutely delightful, Georgia!

teresa, foodonfifth.com — November 17, 2012 @ 11:11 pm

Well, aren’t those just the yummiest, easiest, most inventive little chocolates ever. I wish I had one right now.

Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef — November 18, 2012 @ 12:07 am

i love making these but usually am too lazy to drizzle chocolate on top. that makes it look so much fancier though!!

Paula — November 18, 2012 @ 11:45 pm

Yup! These are for me alright. Love these little guys ;)

Lynna — November 19, 2012 @ 12:10 am

I`ve seen these before and have always been tempted to try making them!

From Valeries Kitchen — November 19, 2012 @ 1:16 am

I knew if I stopped by here today I would find something to inspire me and boy was I right! I love the simplicity of this Georgia. I also love the salty, chocolatey, caramel mix. My favorite! This would be a great recipe to make with little ones.

Leslie — November 19, 2012 @ 2:04 am

Ohhhh, yes..these are mighty addicting!

Vivek Grover — November 19, 2012 @ 5:55 am

Nice preparation on Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pretzel Bites!

Anonymous — November 21, 2012 @ 8:46 am

I’ve made these. They’re super simple and SUPER FAST. (I don’t do the chocolate drizzle on top & they’re still great) I often do the walnut variation, since I prefer those to pecans.
    A useful hint: use the “roll” package of rolos (the ones at the checkout) and don’t get the bag. Since the bagged ones are individually wrapped, you’re going to spend 75% of your time unwrapping all those little foils.

Mrs. S — December 5, 2012 @ 7:13 pm

Any creative ideas on how to package these so I can use them for a gift exchange?

Georgia | The Comfort of Cooking — December 5, 2012 @ 8:00 pm

I’d stack them in a resealable plastic bag, using wax or parchment paper between layers, and put them in a nice little box. They do run the risk of getting “melty” if left unrefrigerated for too long, though.