Hearty, crispy potato skins meet cheesy pepperoni pizza! A perfect party finger food, or fun weeknight meal and side dish.
Potato skins are a classic kid favorite, and essential football watching food. However, these scrumptious skins are a fun twist on the traditional potatoes-and-cheese finger food… and even better, in my opinion!
Crispy, salted russet potatoes topped with sweet marinara sauce and gooey mozzarella? Yes, please. Add pepperoni and a sprinkle of fresh parsley, basil or scallions, and you have a colorful and delicious appetizer, weeknight meal or side dish.
Just tell me these wouldn’t grab your attention at a party and be the first thing you put on your plate!
Fact: Mini pepperoni can instantly turn anything into pizza. The power lies in their cuteness.
You will love how easy these potato skins are to prepare! Simply bake a few oiled potatoes in a hot oven for an hour. You can do this 1 day ahead of serving, too. Let them cool once they’re cooked, then halve and scoop out most of the insides, leaving a little potato in tact. Reserve these for mashed potatoes, or another favorite potato dish.
Spoon in your marinara sauce, top with mozzarella (fresh or shredded will do), and dot on your delicious pepperoni. Bake for a few more minutes, then your skins are done and ready for devouring!
You will love this gooey, scrumptious spin on traditional potato skins. Try them for your next get-together or weeknight meal!
Pepperoni Pizza Potato Skins
- 3 medium russet potatoes scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mini pepperoni slices
- Fresh parsley or basil chopped
- Green onions chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub potatoes with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Place on a baking sheet and bake until tender, about 1 hour. Let cool. Slice in half lengthwise then scoop out the potato filling; discard or use in another recipe.
- Remove from oven and spoon in some marinara sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese and mini pepperoni slices.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until cheese is gooey. Remove from oven and sprinkle with desired garnish. Serve immediately.