Say hello to your new favorite weeknight dinner! Pillowy, golden baked gnocchi with mozzarella, juicy burst tomatoes, and sausage-ricotta meatballs. This easy sheet pan dinner only takes 20 minutes! Full of healthy color and flavor the whole family will love.
20-Minute Sheet Pan Gnocchi with Sausage Meatballs
One day, when my daughter is older and thinks of home, I hope she remembers this dish.
This comforting yet light mixture of soft gnocchi, crispy meatballs, herbs and gooey mozzarella is a new favorite, but perfect in its simplicity. Want your kitchen aroma to be instantly inviting? Toss this in the oven, set it and forget it – it only takes 20 minutes!
Tender baked gnocchi with burst tomatoes, basil and heaps of Parmesan is completely foolproof. This whole pan is the ideal mix of delicious, nutritious and downright gorgeous. I’ve found a new favorite, y’all. And so will you.
P.S., This recipe is made EXTRA easy by tossing the gnocchi in the oil + spices from your store-bought marinated mozzarella (hello, easy dinner hack!)
Let’s get you to this goodness, and start cooking!
Ingredients for 20-Minute Sheet Pan Gnocchi
• sweet Italian sausage
• Italian breadcrumbs
• garlic cloves
• kosher salt
• Italian seasoning
• dried oregano
• crushed red pepper flakes
• black pepper
• olive oil
• cherry tomatoes
• marinated mozzarella balls (ciligene)
• fresh basil
• balsamic vinegar or glaze
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
What other proteins can I substitute?
Feel free to use precooked meatballs in this recipe! You can also add sliced sausage, such as kielbasa, bratwurst, chicken sausage, or chopped chicken or steak. Shrimp also works here, too!
What veggies work in place of tomatoes?
Try chopped bell peppers, zucchini, carrots, or small diced sweet potatoes.
What’s a good substitute for basil?
Herbs like thyme and rosemary are great in this recipe, too.
Can I make this recipe ahead?
Yes! You can prepare this dinner 1 day ahead of cooking. Prepare the gnocchi, veggie and meatball mixture on your sheet pan, as directed. Cover and refrigerate, until ready to cook.
How do I store and reheat this recipe?
Store leftovers in a resealable container or casserole dish. Cover and refrigerate up to 5 days. Freeze for up to 3 months. Allow to thaw to room temperature before serving. Reheat mixture over low heat in a skillet. Or, reheat individual servings in the microwave.
I hope you enjoy this easy, scrumptious 20-Minute Sheet Pan Gnocchi recipe. This is truly the best crossover dish from winter into warmer temps! Hearty, healthy and using those fresh flavors of early spring. We devoured this in seconds!
More sheet pan weeknight meals:
Please feel free to leave a comment and a star rating, if you give it a go. I would love to know if you serve this recipe for your family and friends.
For the meatballs:
- 16 oz. (1 lb.) sweet italian sausage
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, for cooking
For the gnocchi:
- 1 (16 oz.) package gnocchi
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, any color
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (12 oz.) tub marinated mozzarella balls (save the oil)
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan, garnish
- Balsamic vinegar or glaze, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients for meatballs. Roll into 1-inch balls. Drizzle 1 teaspoon olive oil into a large skillet. Over medium heat, cook meatballs until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Toss meatballs, uncooked gnocchi, cherry tomatoes and garlic onto a large sheet pan.
- Drizzle with oil + spices from the marinated mozzarella. Set aside mozzarella; do not add yet.
- Using your hands, toss gnocchi and tomatoes in the oil mixture until well coated.
- Roast for 15-17 minutes, until tomatoes are softened and gnocchi is golden and puffy.
- Remove from oven; scatter mozzarella balls around cooked gnocchi.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil, Parmesan, and balsamic vinegar or glaze.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!