Try this easy, protein-packed salad for weekday meals! Loaded with fresh tomatoes, avocado, crispy bacon, eggs, lettuce, chicken, and crumbled cheese. Drizzle with a quick, tangy homemade dressing. Ready in 20 minutes and always a family favorite. You will be craving this weekly!
Cobb Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
I was never big on salad for dinner. Until, I discovered Cobb salad and all those luscious, loaded toppings – bacon, lettuce, onion, eggs, chicken, cheese, oh my!
In case we haven’t met – hello, I’m Georgia, eating is my favorite hobby, and I have a mild obsession with *toppings* on everything.
To keep this salad quick and easy, I have a few tricks for you: Use leftover cooked chicken or buy rotisserie chicken from your grocery store. It is usually very juicy and already cooked for you. Also, grab some precooked hard-boiled eggs in the dairy section. If you can find these, they’re such a time saver.
Crisp up your bacon up to 1 day ahead. Buy pre-crumbled cheese, too.
Using these tips, your salad will only take about 15 minutes to prepare.
Speaking of cheese, anything goes in a Cobb Salad. I like creamy feta, but you can use bleu, gorgonzola, or queso fresco. Chopped cheddar, monterey jack, pepper jack and Swiss are also delish, too.
Let’s get you to this goodness, and start cooking!
Ingredients for Cobb Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
• cooked chicken
• cherry tomatoes
• crumbled cheese, such as bleu, feta or gorgonzola
• hard-boiled eggs
• red onion
• romaine lettuce
• fresh chives
• crispy bacon
• balsamic vinegar
• olive oil
• minced garlic
• Dijon mustard
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
More easy salad recipes:
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked 'til crisp
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped, rinsed and pat dry
- 2 cooked chicken breasts (I used a rotisserie chicken)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, feta or gorgonzola, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp. chopped chives
For the Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sugar or honey
- 1/4 tsp. coarse salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Lay bacon strips on a large lined baking sheet. In a 400 degree F oven, bake for 15-20 minutes. Transfer strips to a paper towel-lined plate. Chop into small pieces.
- Set a small pot of water to boil. Cook 2 eggs until hardboiled, 8-10 minutes. Peel and chop eggs.
- Arrange chopped lettuce on a large platter. Arrange chicken, eggs, avocado, tomatoes, onion, crumbled cheese and bacon over salad. Sprinkle with chopped chives.
- In a bowl, vigorously whisk all ingredients for Balsamic Vinaigrette. Just before serving, drizzle over salad or serve vinaigrette separately.
Please feel free to leave a comment and a star rating, if you give it a go. I would love to know if you serve this Cobb Salad for your family and friends.
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!