Colorful, fresh and healthy pasta salad tossed in a lemony olive oil dressing. This Mediterranean orzo is delicious with grilled chicken, fish and steaks. Every scoop is loaded with luscious tomatoes, olives, cucumber, bell peppers and creamy feta cheese. So much to love about this summery dish!
This summer has had me daydreaming about traveling overseas, exploring tiny cobblestone towns, and lazy al fresco meals by the sea. I could really go for slipping into a swimsuit and a meal like this, with a deep blue view. What do you say, want to join me?
While I won’t be hopping on a plane overseas anytime soon, I love to recreate that Mediterranean feeling and flavor close to home. With a few basic ingredients that pack a punch of flavor when ya mix them up, that is perfectly easy to do!
This lemony Mediterranean orzo salad has become a fast favorite with my family. Not only has it made a light lunch and refreshing side dish, but it’s been the perfect picnic food for laying out by the lake. We have served this tangy, light pasta salad with grilled chicken skewers, sizzled steaks, and buttery fresh fish. Let’s just say, all were members of the Clean Plate Club!
Let me show you the quick steps to this elegant, easy 20-minute dish.
Ready to make your own Mediterranean Orzo Salad?
• Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Add orzo and cook for 10 minutes. Once cooked, drain orzo and rinse with cool water.
• Transfer orzo to a large mixing bowl. Add spinach, bell pepper, cucumber, red onion and olives.
• In a small bowl, whisk canola oil, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over the pasta-veggie mixture and gently stir until well coated. Adjust seasonings, to taste, and top with crumbled feta cheese.
• Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight, before serving.
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
Fixing for more fresh + easy pasta salads? Try these!
Care to customize your pasta salad with some add-ins? Here are a few foods for thought:
· Cheese: Mozzarella, asiago, Parmesan, Romano, bleu cheese, feta, provolone
· Meat: Grilled chicken, Italian sausage, bacon, salami, beef, chorizo, pepperoni, prosciutto, shrimp
· Vegetables: Eggplant, artichokes, carrots roasted red peppers, arugula, green peppers, mushrooms, banana peppers, squash, sweet corn, peas, avocado, sundried tomatoes
· Other: Cannellini or garbanzo beans, fresh basil, fresh oregano, garlic, sprouts, capers
Whether you’re making this pasta salad for an easy side dish, weekday lunch, or for a special celebration, it will definitely hit the spot! It is the most summery, gorgeous pasta salad and will have everyone begging for the recipe.
Try serving it with one of our grilled chicken recipes tonight!
Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- 16 oz. orzo
- 3 cups 3 cups baby spinach leaves gently torn into large pieces
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cucumber diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 5 oz. Castelvetrano green olives drained and halved
- 5 oz. Kalamata pitted olives drained
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1-1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Set a large pot of salted water to boil. Add orzo and cook for 10 minutes. Once cooked, drain orzo and rinse with cool water.
- Transfer orzo to a large mixing bowl. Add spinach, bell pepper, cucumber, red onion and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk canola oil, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. Pour over the pasta-veggie mixture and gently stir until well coated. Adjust seasonings, to taste, and top with crumbled feta cheese.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight, before serving.
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!