Oh my yum! 🧀 This grown-up grilled cheese sandwich is full of melted brie, salty prosciutto, sweet pears and fresh arugula. Pile it on slices of buttery thick bread, toast it up, and dig in. Easy, elegant and hot off the skillet in under 5 minutes.
Pear, Prosciutto + Brie Grilled Cheese
With all the beautiful bounty of fall’s fruits, I couldn’t resist creating this bougie grilled cheese! 💁🧀 She’s not only a stunner, but she’s absolutely scrumptious!
We love a good sweet-salty flavor combo in this house. Give us salted caramel, apple cider pork, maple veggies, and ALL the kettle corn. I cannot resist pairing those punchy flavors together to make recipe magic.
In this case, fresh fall pears were calling out to me. Begging to be sandwiched in buttery bread with sliced prosciutto, tangy mustard, and peppery fresh arugula. Of course, I had to answer! And boy, am I glad I did.
You don’t need any fancy equipment for this easy skillet sandwich – just five ingredients (plus bread and butter) and a hearty appetite for cheese. Oh baby, this delicious sandwich is full of it! Melty, gooey brie paired with sweet pears and proscuitto is just about as close to heaven as you can get.
Never used brie? You can find it in most grocery’s deli or specialty cheese sections. Just slice the white rind off the sides, and you’re good to go! The skillet will do all the work melting it into creamy, gooey bliss for you.
Okay, enough talk and more action, right? Let’s get to the easy steps and let’s make you a grown-up grilled cheese!
Ready to create your own Pear, Proscuitto + Brie Grilled Cheese?
• Spread the inside of each bread slice with mustard (however much you like). Top with half of arugula, brie slices, pear slices, and prosciutto. Place remaining bread slice on top, mustard side down.
• Heat a large skillet to medium-low heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Once melted and sizzling, add sandwiches.
• Cook about 4-5 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
• Slice, serve and enjoy!
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
Looking for more easy sandwich-style recipes? Try these!
Tell me I’m not alone in drooling just a bit? 🤤 It may not help that I’m writing hungry, either.
Though I love a classic grilled cheese like the rest of us, this Pear, Prosciutto + Brie Grilled Cheese really blew my hair back! Those tender, tangy, and cheesy flavors all nestled into thick bread and toasted up in a buttery skillet are irresistibly delicious. Once you have all the ingredients, this sandwich comes together in no time at all. It is such a fun way to twist up the traditional boxed lunch, and makes an easy dinner for a cozy night in.
I hope you try this recipe, and love it like we do! Please leave a comment and a star rating, if you try it out.
Pear, Proscuitto + Brie Grilled Cheese
- 4 thick bread slices any bread you like works here
- 2-3 Tbsp. mustard honey mustard, Dijon + spicy mustard are best
- 1/2 cup fresh arugula
- 1 (8 oz. round) triple crème brie rind removed and sliced
- 1 fresh pear thinly sliced
- 1/4 lb. prosciutto thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Spread the inside of each bread slice with mustard (however much you like). Top with half of arugula, brie slices, pear slices, and prosciutto. Place remaining bread slice on top, mustard side down.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-low heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Once melted and sizzling, add sandwiches.
- Cook about 4-5 minutes, flipping once halfway through, until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!