These soft, buttery crescent cinnamon roll twists are perfect for Christmas morning breakfast! All you need are 4 ingredients, 10 minutes and a love of cinnamon rolls. Step-by-step photos keep it simple, and the aroma as they bake will make your home smell super cozy!
Merry eve of Christmas Eve! What a wonderful week it is to celebrate good family, friends and all the little fortunes in our lives. I hope you have happiness in your heart and good food in your belly, wherever you are in the world and with whomever you’re enjoying the holidays. I’m busy with getting ready for our first-ever flight with baby today, and tying up some last minute to-do’s at home before our trip. However, I couldn’t resist sharing these irresistible cinnamon twists with you. I imagine you baking them for breakfast on Christmas morning, or sharing them as a snack with little loved ones, filling your home with the warm cinnamon scent. The spicy, sweet cinnamon aroma alone helps take off the chill!
These soft, buttery cinnamon roll twists are made easily with crescent roll dough. No rising, no rolling, and no time at all until they’re in your belly! Simply separate your dough into rectangles, brush on melted butter and sprinkle cinnamon-sugar on top. Press a rectangle, buttered side down, on top of another, and press the edges to seal. Slice the dough into strips, twist them up and lay them on your baking sheet. Brush a bit more butter and cinnamon-sugar on top. Then, all that’s left to do is wait patiently! These twists bake up beautifully golden, puffy and sweet. Each one tastes like a gooey cinnamon roll, or a churro… without all the work! With a quick 2-ingredient glaze for dipping, these soft cinnamon twists are heavenly. One dunk and you’ll realize how incredibly delicious they are! Perfect for breakfasts and brunches, party appetizers, and dessert platters, and so easy. What’s not to love? Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas. Bake these twists for breakfast, and I guarantee your holiday will be all the more happy!
4-Ingredient Cinnamon Roll Twists
For the Cinnamon Roll Twists:
- 1 (8 oz.) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons + 1 Tablespoon melted butter, divided
For the Glaze Dip:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- For the Cinnamon Roll Twists: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease with nonstick cooking spray.
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into 4 rectangles.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Brush 2 Tbsp. melted butter onto tops of crescents and sprinkle with half cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place one crescent rectangle, buttered side down, on top of another and press edges together. Cut each rectangle into 5 strips. Brush with remaining melted butter. Twist each strip a few times and place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Serve with Glaze Dip, if desired.
- For the Glaze Dip: Combine powdered sugar and milk in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth. Serve with cinnamon twists.
This looks like a lovely snack!! Great idea!
I love cinnamon roll together with a cup of coffee. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Great post!
Merry Christmas, and thanks for all your fabulous recipes and inspiring photos this year! These twists look perfect for Christmas morning.
Looks Lovely!! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!! All the Best! xo Ramona :)
I am sighing. These look delicious. Soooooo easy. Still warm from the oven.
Oh dear I am having quite a fantasy right now.
1-all of your family/baby pics on instagram are insanely adorable. fact.
2-these twists are like…the perfect breakfast treat. another fact/
This is fantastic, so simple and yummy!
I wish we could get refrigerated dough down here. How easy these would be to make!
Happy New Year!!
Georgia – the Mistress of amazing quick solutions that doesn’t require a basket-full of fancy-schamnzy ingredients but still tastes the bomb :D
I hope the flight went well, and that you all had a lovely christmas :) x
i just did the this other day for my boys! I did little balls though with the crescent rolls but nonetheless. it is a great idea and so quick and delicious
The perfect quick and easy cinnamon roll in a twist! Only you could make them look so elegant, Georgia! So ideal for tea time and a little girl’s tea party, too. Happy New Year!!
These look so delicious!
These cinnamon roll twists look amazing, Georgia! LOVE the fact they’re easier and quicker to make than regular cinnamon rolls- so great if I haven’t got time to bake! Can’t wait to try the recipe! :D
Toooooooo easy. Tooooooo good. Toooooooo tempting. Oh Dear! Ha!