These soft, fluffy cinnamon-sugar pumpkin donuts are baked not fried, but still taste totally indulgent! They’re the perfect breakfast treat with a cup of coffee. Bake a batch this weekend!
When I was growing up, we had a Sunday donut tradition. The friends I had staying for a sleepover would come thundering downstairs with the anticipation of fresh, warm donuts. It was an unspoken rule who got the glazed, who got sprinkles, and so on. Our greedy fingers tore into the box, and my parents (oblivious to our crazed sugar highs) snapped open their Sunday paper and brewed rich coffee. I’ve never been much of a coffee drinker, but man, do I love that smell. It takes me back to our donut Sundays!
For this reason, donuts are one of my favorite comfort foods. (And my husband’s absolute do-anything-for-’em weakness). They’re not one we indulge in often, but I think that makes donuts all the more special to us. As does sharing a batch hot out of the oven with your friends and neighbors!
… And I did just that to avoid devouring them ALL.
These soft, richly spiced pumpkin donuts totally hit the spot for our recent Sunday donut cravings. Since they’re baked and not fried, we have a bit less guilt about indulging, too! Every donut bakes up fluffy and soft, super moist and full of cakey goodness. Hot out of the oven, dip them in melted butter and into a cinnamon-sugar mixture. Then proceed melting on the floor into a puddle of heavenly pumpkin bliss. You think they make your home smell amazing? They taste even better!
Bake a batch of these delicious, cinnamon-spiced donuts for an extra special weekend treat. They’re irresistibly good, and I know everyone who enjoys them with you will agree!
For Spiced Pumpkin Pie Donuts:
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling, not pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, oil, eggs and sugar. Mix well with an electric mixer on medium speed. Add remaining ingredients and mix on low until well combined. Fill each donut cavity to the top with batter.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until donuts spring back lightly when touched.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Melt butter in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- Remove donuts from oven and let cool 5 minutes in pan. Place donuts on a cooling rack. Dip warm donuts in melted butter then into cinnamon-sugar mixture.