Silky soft homemade chocolate pudding, a lite Cool Whip topping, and fresh berries make these skinny parfaits the perfect light dessert. Plus, they’re just 125 calories per serving!
Happy Valentine’s Day, lovelies! I hope you have something sweet in store for your evening, or at the very least, get to cozy up on the couch with your favorite food. I know I could go for a Bachelor marathon and a batch of gooey mozzarella sticks, personally. But, I suppose I can settle for being whisked off to a steakhouse by hubby and treated to a little fine dining. Trading dirty dishes for a cute cocktail dress would be nice for an evening!
It’s been a season of spending in our house, with baby on the way and all the bits and pieces involved. And, I was tempted to just call off the reservation, buckle down and bang out a fabulous meal at home. There’s nothing better than dining by candlelight in your best pj’s, after all!
If there’s one thing this mama-to-be needs, though, it’s a little fancy pants dinner where I don’t need to lift a finger… just a fork! Can’t say I’ll be getting many nights out after this baby comes, so might as well take advantage while I can.
So, cocktail dress, here I come!
At home, a batch of these incredible pudding parfaits will be waiting for us. The first time I made them, hubby could hardly put his down! Mixed with the Cool Whip, the velvety smooth pudding takes on the texture of chocolate mousse, and it’s an amazing medley of taste and texture. All at just 125 calories a serving!
Topped with your favorite fresh berries, the homemade chocolate pudding alone is a dessert to remember. Scrumptious, smooth, and creamy, with a hint of vanilla, this pudding is the most perfect one I’ve ever made. It’s lick-the-bowl good and you won’t believe how easy, too!
If you’re looking for a last-minute treat to spoil your sweetie, these parfaits are the perfect dessert. I can’t think of any other way I’d rather spend an evening with my Valentine than sharing a pair of parfaits… in our finest pj’s, of course!
Skinny Chocolate Pudding Parfaits
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 Tablespoons 1 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Cool Whip Lite
- Fresh raspberries/strawberries/blackberries optional
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sugar, cornstarch, cocoa and salt until combined. Whisk in milk until well blended.
- Heat mixture to boiling over medium heat, whisking constantly, until mixture thickens slightly, 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate and vanilla until smooth.
- Transfer chocolate pudding to a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap, touching the surface pudding so that it doesn't allow a film to settle on top. Refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight.
- Once pudding is cold, alternate layering pudding with Cool Whip in individual serving glasses. Top with fresh berries, if desired.