We love these super easy & flavorful Greek Pita Pizzas! Creamy feta, fresh tomatoes and a quick homemade tomato sauce make them mouthwatering… but you could also use your favorite hummus as a sauce!
Today, I have the pleasure of guest posting on the Better Homes and Gardens food blog, Delish Dish! Over there, I’m sharing more on these fabulous, fast and easy Greek Pita Pizzas. The original recipe is from their own collection, but you can find my adaptation below, made all the more yummy with savory seasonings… and a little extra cheese, of course.
You know we’re all about the cheese around here!
Head on down to the Delish Dish blog for more on these colorful, fresh Mediterranean pizzas, and lots more mouthwatering recipes! I know you’ll gobble these up. Cook ‘em for weeknight dinners, meals with friends, and any evening that calls for a little extra color and flavor. They’re delish sliced into sections as a party appetizer, too!
Greek Pita Pizzas
- 6 oz. lean ground beef/turkey/chicken/lamb or Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 6-inch whole wheat or white pita bread rounds
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 12 pitted kalamata olives, halved (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground meat, onion, and garlic until meat is browned; drain off fat. Stir in tomato sauce, rosemary, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Carefully split pita bread rounds in half horizontally. Place pita halves, rough sides up, in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Bake for 6-7 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Top toasted pita rounds with meat sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven. Top with tomatoes, feta, parsley and olives, if desired. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
I loooove greek flavors like this, so I know i’d be all over these awesome looking pita pizzas! Off to check out the BHG blog!
I love Mediterranean flavors so this is right up my alley Georgia – gorgeous photos!
Loving the simplicity to these! So yummy!
Love this idea! I sometimes make tortilla pizzas, but have actually never made a pita pizza. And the Greek toppings seem only natural! My mouth is watering just looking at those juicy tomatoes – yum!
Wow congrats on the guest post! This pizza looks amazing!!
An excellent way to change up the dinner rotation when it comes to quick and easy! Who doesn’t love pizza? Love this Greek style pizza, Georgia. Lovely photography, as always. And, congrats on guest posting for BHG! :)
This looks gorgeous! I am craving some of this right now. Feta cheese makes me drool!
These look like absolute perfection – all my favorite flavors. What a great recipe!
I LOVE Greek salads.. and pitas.. and pizza.. and, well, anything and everything Greek I can get my hands on! Love the idea of a simple, easy pita pizza. So underrated but such a great weeknight meal! And the COLORS!
These look so scrumptious and I love, love, love these flavors. Yum!
I live alone—-so this makes a great meal to do for a single or a couple. I also am
a Greek Salad lover. Visually it is very satisfying also. Makes you think about some wonderful ways to set the table with these vivid colors as stimuli.
I love these simple and delicious pizzas!
Gorgeous Georgia! Love all the Greek goodness you’ve got going on here!
Greek food lover over here! These look amazing and I am headed to check them out now!
This is one of the healthiest pizza I came across. This will surely be enjoyed by the whole family.
I know I would love these! They look amazing and love that they are easy!
I love pita or naan pizzas like this. This looks like a mouth full of summer in one bite. I could use some summer with this cold winter we are having.
This pizza is truly a healthy inspiration Georgia. Congrats on the BHG gig!
Checking out these right now because these need to be my dinner today!
They look so darling! xx
Mmmm, this looks incredible!! I love Greek anything! :) The colors on this are gorgeous too!!
I love the use of seasoned ground meat on the pizza! As a Greek mom I am always looking for ways to incorporate Greek flavors in my kids meals and I think this one will be a hit. Thanks!
thanks for posting this! this is an amazingly tasty and low cal recipe. my fiance said we could have this every day and he’d be happy…
Making them with ground lamb. Kitchen smells heavenly and I am finally getting warm. Looking forward to thirteen yummy dinner. Thank you bunches.