This super easy, cheesy spinach-artichoke dip is perfect with toasty baguette slices, crackers and pretzels… whether you’re enjoying at a party or cozied up on the couch!
Well, hello there! I hope you had a very happy holiday season and are looking forward to a fun New Year celebration… whether that means partying it up or puttering around in pajamas, trying to stay awake. I’ll be doing a little bit of both this year. Pajama party, here I come!
Hubby and I have lots of celebrate in the coming year, including our sweet little Junebug and a sizzlin’ Caribbean getaway to relax in preparation. We’re also looking forward to sharing many more of our favorite healthy, easy and deeee-lish recipes with you!
Nothing like starting the year off right with a little indulgence, though, right?
My cravings lately have ranged from grapes to cheddar to Golden Grahams cereal, but one “want” I can always count on is this cheesy spinach-artichoke dip! This stuff is dreamy, creamy delicious GOLD. So incredibly easy, too!
Just whiz together a mixture of mozzarella-parmesan cheese, frozen spinach and artichoke hearts, then toss in sour cream, cream cheese and a bit of light mayo. Blend it all together, top with more cheese (obviously), and whammo-bammo, you’ve got a simple, scrumptious party pleaser to bring to your New Year festivities… even if they’re just on the couch.
I like mine served with toasty baguette slices. Just lay them out on a baking sheet, coat with nonstick cooking spray, and sprinkle with a little garlic powder. Broil or bake at a high temp for just a few minutes, and arrange them on a big serving platter with your delicious dip! Each bite is like enjoying a mini garlic bread topped with gooey, melty mozzarella-spinach-artichoke bliss. Pretty much my food happy place.
You can also serve with hearty crackers, pretzels, or my super easy homemade Whole Wheat Pita Chips!
Enjoy this appetizer and have a wonderful New Year, foodie friends. Wishing you lots of love, laughter and good fortune in 2014 from Austin!
Hot Cheesy Spinach-Artichoke Dip
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella-parmesan cheese blend
- 10 oz. frozen chopped spinach thawed
- 1 14 oz. can small artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 8 oz. package reduced-fat or regular cream cheese
- 2/3 cup light sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, blend 1 1/2 cups cheese, spinach, and artichoke hearts until well combined. Blend garlic, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise and salt into spinach mixture. Pour into a casserole dish and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is golden and dip is bubbly. Serve hot with crackers, toasted bread or pretzels.