For potlucks and parties, these delicious guacamole deviled eggs are an easy, healthy hit!
Every morning, a hardboiled egg stares me in the face for breakfast. I pop out the yolk, chomp into the rubbery white, and give a little wriggle as it goes down. I can’t stand it. Why? It is just so. so. bland.
But it’s good for me, right?
You’d think this would totally turn me off from eggs altogether, but man do I still love a deviled egg! And, in an unrelated note, guacamole… Unrelated until now!
I found it high time to have some fun with my boring boiled eggs. So, I skipped along a few favorite food blogs and uncovered this scrumptious idea from SkinnyTaste! Gotta love that Gina.
A mash-up of avocado, egg yolks, tomato, red onion, lime juice, and fresh cilantro stuffs these egg white appetizers. Delicious and pretty cute, to boot!
Mix up this tasty twist on a classic appetizer for your next get-together, or for an Easter party. These devilishly delish eggs are super easy to make, very nutritious, and everyone will think you’re a flippin’ genius!
They’re the perfect protein-packed snack for your little partygoers!
Guacamole Deviled Eggs
- 12 large eggs hard boiled
- 1 medium avocado
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon minced red onion
- 1 Tablespoon diced tomato
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and cut eggs in half lengthwise. Add two of the egg yolks to a medium bowl; discard the remaining yolks. Add avocado and mash with a fork or potato masher. Gently stir in lime juice, red onion, tomato, cilantro, salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Place egg halves on a platter and scoop guacamole evenly into each halve. Sprinkle with a little additional chopped cilantro and serve.