So yummy and easy! 🥪 Try this mouthwatering, triple-stacked club sandwich that rivals any restaurant. Slices of thick-cut turkey, crispy bacon, fresh tomato, lettuce and red onion meet buttery toasted bread for the best sandwich you’ve ever had. Slice it up, serve with pickles and chips, and dig in!
There is a good reason I haven’t stopped craving this crunchy, juicy + mouthwatering Turkey Bacon Club Sandwich! I’m no stranger to a local New England deli, and this scrumptious sandwich rivals anything I have ever paid for. I absolutely love a good, old fashioned American club sandwich – a simple and comforting combination of tender, thick-cut turkey, crispy bacon, fresh tomato and lettuce, red onion, and a swipe of mayonnaise on buttery, lightly toasted bread. Easy and oh-so yummy!
This is what lunchtime dreams are made of, y’all.
Let’s jump right into some other options, in case you want to switch up some ingredients in your stack.
- Want a wrap? Use a tortilla instead of bread.
- Swap turkey for ham, roast beef, or chicken.
- Spread on mustard, aoili, or your favorite salad dressing.
- Double-up the meat in one sandwich. Turkey and ham is a popular combo.
- Make it a lettuce wrap for a low-carb sandwich.
- Put cheddar, Swiss cheese, muenster, pepper jack, or provolone on your club.
- Add sliced avocado for extra flavor and nutrition.
Ready to make your own Ultimate Turkey Bacon Club Sandwich?
• Lightly toast bread on both sides. Arrange 3 bread slices in a row. Spread mayonnaise over each bread slice. Place lettuce on top, followed by tomato slices and red onion slices.
• Place second bread slice on top, mayo side down. Top with half of bacon and 1-2 slices of turkey (without letting any hang over the sides). Top with additional lettuce. Cover with the third bread slice, mayo side down.
• Pin sandwich layers down with two picks on either side. Slice in half or quarters. Pin each section with a pick. Repeat entire process with remaining ingredients to form one more sandwich.
• Serve with pimento stuffed olives and/or dill pickle slices, if desired.
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
What makes up the perfect Club Sandwich?
• Thick-cut deli turkey: A juicy, thick slice of turkey is a must-do for this mouthwatering club! Go to your deli counter and order 1/4-inch thick slices of oven roasted turkey (or similar). About half a pound is perfect. It may take a couple tries to get it right. Show them this picture if you need to! ↑
• Crispy cooked bacon: Cook your bacon strips in a skillet (medium heat, 6-8 minutes) or oven (400° for 15-20 minutes), just get them crisp! They don’t need to be hot for this sandwich, so let them sit on a paper towel lined plate while you prep everything else. A thicker, good quality bacon is best, since you don’t want it crumbling in the sandwich.
• Fresh veggies: Make sure your lettuce, tomato and red onion are fresh and tender. No soggy lettuce or spotty tomatoes welcome here. You want a good *crunch* when you bite into this sandwich. Good quality veggies make the end result even better than you imagined.
• Lightly toasted bread: Three layers of hearty sandwich bread make up the classic club. Use white or wheat bread. Lightly toasted to barely golden brown is what you want. I used Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse Hearty White (not sponsored), and it gave this sandwich perfect structure and softness.
Searching for more easy sandwich recipes? Try these!
What I should I serve on the side?
Is it lunchtime yet?
It just doesn’t get better than a stacked-up club sandwich loaded with fresh, good quality ingredients. This sandwich is so crisp, crunchy and buttery-soft with 100x better flavor than your local restaurant and all the goodness of homemade comfort cooking… except, there’s hardly any cooking here!
Feeding a crowd? Lay out all the ingredients (bread, tomato, lettuce, onion, meats, cheese, etc.) on a large board and let everyone build their own. It’s so fun to set out a large spread and let everyone build their sandwich as they like.
I hope you try this Ultimate Turkey Bacon Club Sandwich for an easy weekend lunch, and love it like we do. Please leave a comment and a star rating, if you give it a go!
- 6 slices white or wheat bread
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6-8 leaves romaine lettuce
- 6 slices tomato
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced
- 9 slices crispy cooked bacon
- 1/2 lb. deli-sliced roasted turkey, (sliced about 1/4-inch thick)
- 6 (or so) Bamboo picks or cocktail swords
<strong>For serving, optional:</strong>
- Pimento stuffed olives
- Dill pickle slices
- Lightly toast bread on both sides. Arrange 3 bread slices in a row. Spread mayonnaise over each bread slice. Place lettuce on top, followed by tomato slices and red onion slices.
- Place second bread slice on top, mayo side down. Top with half of bacon and 1-2 slices of turkey (without letting any hang over the sides). Top with additional lettuce. Cover with the third bread slice, mayo side down.
- Pin sandwich layers down with two picks on either side. Slice in half or quarters. Pin each section with a pick. Repeat entire process with remaining ingredients to form one more sandwich.
- Serve with pimento stuffed olives and/or dill pickle slices, if desired.
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!