Extra crispy, tender potato wedges with a Parmesan crust. 🧀 These hot, hearty oven-fried potatoes taste better than your favorite restaurant’s. Addictively delicious + so easy! Serve with a cool Ranch or bleu cheese sauce, spicy ketchup, or your favorite dip. Ready for side dishes or snacking in under 45 minutes!
Rejoice! I have finally made the most perfect potato wedges with super crispy outsides, tender and fluffy insides… in my home oven. And with this recipe, you will, too!
At fast food joints, I’m totally team wiggly fry. I like them underdone and salty as hell. But, when I’m craving a restaurant-quality potato fry, I want to feel that crunch and taste that tender potato, with a slightly blackened outside and a salty seasoned crust. This stick-to-your-ribs kind of fry is what I’ve been going for at home, all these years! A satisfying side to homemade sandwiches and a fun appetizer for game day with the family. I’m so happy to share with you that the search is over – your perfect potato wedge is here!
Now, you can make ridiculously crispy, melt-in-your-mouth potato wedges at home, just like me! The smell as these are sizzling in the oven with that Parmesan bubbling and garlic infusing into every bite? Let’s just say, it got everyone running into the kitchen for taste testing.
Dunked in your favorite dipping sauce, these Parmesan Potato Wedges are absolutely addictive. We like a spicy Sriracha ketchup and a cool Ranch or bleu cheese dipping sauce. For a thicker sauce, mix these with sour cream and sprinkle on some fresh chopped chives.
Just remember to save some for the rest of us! 😉
Ready to make your own Crispy Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges?
• Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
• Rinse and pat russet potatoes dry. Cut in wedges and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat well.
• In a small bowl, whisk Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Sprinkle potato wedges with the seasoning mixture and toss to coat well.
• Place potato wedges on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until tender and golden.
• Remove from oven and sprinkle with freshly chopped chives, if desired. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
What makes these Potato Wedges so tender & crispy?
• Pat your potatoes dry: Once cut, pat your potato wedges between paper towels to get them really dry. If your potatoes are too wet, this will cause your spuds to steam, which is the opposite of crispy! This simple step is the first rule of getting crunchy, tender potato wedges. Once they are dried, toss in the Parmesan and seasoning.
• Parmesan and dry seasonings: The grated Parmesan cheese creates an outer crust, which gets these potato wedges delightfully salty and crunchy. Want to use other seasonings? You can use any seasoning blend or dry rub you like. I would suggest keeping in the garlic and paprika, though!
• High oven temp: To achieve potato wedge perfection, crank that oven! The high oven temp (425 degrees F) helps dry out your potatoes and seal in that crispy outer layer, so don’t skimp here. Good thing is, it only takes 35 minutes ’til your wedges are ready for munching.
Searching for similar crispy & delicious side dishes? Try these!
What should I serve Potato Wedges with?
Funny enough, these shots were taken after we helped ourselves to handfuls!
This recipe makes a bunch of potato wedges, and they’re best served hot out of the oven. So, bake them just before you’re ready to serve for crunchy, crispy goodness that will make everyone happy. I can’t tell you how crazy both adults and kids go for these! Slid alongside sandwiches and burgers, sides just don’t get better than this.
Whether you’re enjoying these Crispy Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges for a cozy Netflix night in, or feeding a crowd, I can guarantee there will be happy belly groans all around. This is the ULTIMATE in perfect potato crispness and a huge favorite in our house.
If you try this recipe, please let me know how it turned out for you. Leave a comment below and a star rating, if you please. I love hearing from my readers!
Crispy Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges
- 1 lb. (3 to 4) russet potatoes leave skin on
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
For serving (optional):
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Ranch dressing or bleu cheese dressing
- Sriracha ketchup or regular ketchup
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Rinse and pat potatoes dry. Cut in wedges and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat well.
- In a small bowl, whisk Parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Sprinkle potato wedges with the seasoning mixture and toss to coat well.
- Place potato wedges on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until tender and golden.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with freshly chopped chives, if desired. Transfer to a serving platter and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!