This easy, cheesy flatbread makes for a scrumptious and quick dinner or lunch with Southwestern flair!
Every good pizza and flatbread begins with a good dough. Since I’m no pro baker, getting the best part of a pizza right has always been a bit tricky. But, I’ve had decent success with homemade dough over the years… and until recently had yet to come across something just as good from a store.
Enter Stonefire Flatbreads! These breads are incredible, y’all. Soft and fluffy, with that fresh-baked taste since they’re made from all-natural ingredients. They also crisp up into perfect pizzas and flatbreads smothered with your favorite toppings!
I’ve been trying all sorts of scrumptious flavor combinations I can’t wait to share with you… But which one have we loved the best? I gotta hand it to this big hunk of burning love – the super cheesy, super easy Tex-Mex Chicken Taco Flatbread!
Stonefire has a fabulous line of pita breads and pizza crusts, but I love their naan best. It’s super soft with a slightly smoky taste, and makes a delicious canvas for any toppings you can dream of. Just layer on the good stuff to your heart’s content, and bake ’til bubbly and golden. Flatbreads are so versatile, and so easy to put your own tasty twist on!
If you’ve got a big appetite (like me and baby-to-be over here), a whole flatbread will really fill you up. But, if you’re in a sharing mood (unlike me lately), slice it up and serve with lime wedges!
Also, I’m thrilled to be partnering with Stonefire at the Austin Food & Wine Festival Grand Tasting Pavilion this coming weekend! If you’re in the area, pop in and say hello, why don’t ya? You can buy tickets here. Don’t forget to grab a slice of this scrumptious flatbread that I created for them, too! We’ll be handing out samples all afternoon, both Saturday and Sunday.
I’ll also be doing a cooking demonstration on Austin’s KXAN news this Thursday, featuring the flatbread and chatting up the festival. This cheesy goodness better get ready for its close-up… and so should I!
- 1 8.8 oz. package Stonefire Original Naan
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped precooked grilled chicken strips
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry or plum tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tablespoon chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place naan on a greased baking sheet. Spread with salsa and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Top with chicken, tomatoes, black beans and remaining cheese. (Omit chicken for vegetarian option).
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions. Slice and serve.