Cold, creamy treats full of fresh strawberries! 🍓These easy 5-ingredient frozen yogurt sandwiches are layered with graham crackers and a quick homemade frozen yogurt (no ice cream maker needed). Let chill, cut into bars, and wrap in waxed paper before freezing. The perfect handheld dessert or snack for anytime of year!
It’s the end of August, y’all. How did we get here? Suddenly, it’s all back-to-school supplies, last-minute beach vacations, and pumpkin spice everything. But, I’m here to squeeze a little more out of summer with a ridiculously easy and refreshing, icy treat. Perfect for after school snacking, Labor Day backyard bashes, or trying a fun activity with the fam.
Say hello to fresh strawberry “ice cream sandwiches” made with homemade frozen yogurt (no ice cream maker!) and store bought graham cracker sheets. Oh, we doin’ this!
My man introduced me to this nostalgic snack from his childhood, and I absolutely loved the idea. Besides, food is basically my love language, and frozen treats are one of the secrets to keeping this man happy. 😉 What can I say, I aim to please. Also, this has a lot to do with my sweet tooth, too!
I whipped these up one lazy Sunday morning, and by that evening, we were LOVING these on the back deck at sunset. These are the most lovely treat to enjoy on slow summer evenings or anytime the craving for a creamy frozen snack strikes.
Want to make your own? Keep reading for the quick ‘n easy 5-ingredient recipe!
Craving more frozen treats and berry recipes? Try these!
You may need to cut your graham crackers to fit exactly into your pan. I recommend fitting your graham crackers to the edges, so that the frozen yogurt has a full layer to stick to. The whole thing should pop out pretty easily from your pan, once completely frozen. If you’re having trouble, run a knife under warm water, then loosen the edges slightly. The bars are a bit easier to cut after letting the pan rest at room temperature for five minutes.
With the chunks of fresh strawberry in these frozen yogurt bars, the look is colorful and gorgeous, and the taste is lightly sweet, creamy and crispy. Kids and adults alike find these totally irresistible!
Enjoy this easy-to-make treat with your kids, friends and family. They are the perfect skinny ice cream sandwich for beating the heat!
- 20 graham crackers, approx.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt, vanilla yogurt or Greek yogurt also work
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Arrange a piece of wax or parchment paper to fit the bottom of a 13-inch x 9-inch pan.
- Arrange graham crackers in a single layer on the bottom of the pan. You may have to slice some crackers to fit exactly.
- In a large bowl, whip heavy cream using your electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or a handheld electric mixer. Whip until you have soft peaks.
- Add powdered sugar and yogurt. Continue to whisk until you have stiff peaks. Fold in strawberries.
- Pour mixture over the graham crackers in prepared pan. Smooth out. Top with additional graham crackers to form an even layer.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours. Let sit at room temperature for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Cut into bars, serve cold and enjoy!
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!