These tiny, sweet and salty treats are deliciously addictive and SO easy to whip up – just 3 ingredients and 10 minutes to the perfect party appetizer or healthy snack!
Are these the cutest little party appetizer, or what?
There’s a recurring trend in this house lately, and it’s called sweet-and-salty everything. This little bun in my oven just can’t decide what it likes better, I guess! So, to appeal to everyone’s tastes, I’ve been snacking on healthy – and incredibly addictive – fresh clementines dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with sea salt.
Though you can a pretty good handle on how to make them yourself from my photos alone, I’ve included a recipe for these 3-ingredient wonders!
You got it – just grab a couple handfuls of clementines, your favorite dark chocolate, and a few flecks of sea salt, and you’ve got a perfect appetizer or snack! They’re bright, citrusy and dreamily creamy, with a subtle salty kick from the fleur de sel. You can also use kosher salt, but easy does it – just a couple grains will do the trick!
Let’s just say I had some difficulty not devouring the entire tray after taking this shot!
It’s definitely impossible to stop at one with these tiny, sweet-salty treats. But, if they don’t quite make it to the party you were hoping to bring them to, make another batch! It’ll only take you ten minutes… and a little more self control.
Whip up these inexpensive, easy and unique bites for your next winter party, or any time of year, and I guarantee they’ll be big talk! Even my hubby – who much prefers savory to sweet – couldn’t keep his paws off these petite treats.
You’re gonna love them, too!
Chocolate Dipped Clementines with Sea Salt
- 7-8 medium clementines
- 4 oz. dark chocolate finely chopped
- A few pinches sea salt such as fleur de sel
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel and segment clementines; set aside.
- In a small bowl in the microwave or over a double boiler, melt dark chocolate. Dip clementine segments in chocolate and transfer to prepared sheet. Immediately sprinkle with tiny pinches of salt before the chocolate sets.
- Once all pieces are dipped, set sheet aside until chocolate hardens. To quickly harden chocolate, refrigerate sheet for 10 minutes. Store in the refrigerator up to 3 days.