Amazing No-Churn Ice Cream: 6 Flavors

Do you like magic tricks?

Oh, you do? Me, too!

What I have to show you today is part recipe, part magic trick. Just two ingredients make the most creamy, melt-in-your-mouth ice cream you’ve ever tasted. And it’s perfect for people who like to limit their kitchen gadgets (like me) because you don’t. need. an ice cream maker.

Rejoice!

I made my first flavor – a sinfully good Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream – and quickly became addicted. As if ice cream wasn’t already a serious problem during this pregnancy! You could say I went a little overboard with six flavors, sure… But, did Noah go overboard stuffing his ark full of strange animals?

I rest my case.

So, you wanna make your own 2-ingredient, no-churn ice cream? Let me show you the way…

All you need is love. Wait, no. You need heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, and your favorite mix-ins. Plus, yes, a love of ice cream. That’s it!

Whip your cream into a big heap of gorgeous white fluff. Meanwhile, mix your sweetened condensed milk with whatever good stuff you like. Crushed cookies, fresh fruit, cocoa powder, toffee bits, marshmallows – get creative!

My personal favorite? A combo of yellow cake mix, butter and sprinkles for Cake Batter Funfetti Ice Cream.

Have mercy!

Just combine your fluffy whipped cream and condensed milk mixture in a big bowl, mix ‘em up and pour into a container. Done and done!

In 6 hours (I know, seems like an eternity, but you can do it) you’ll have the most velvety smooth, rich and delicious ice cream imaginable. A fabulous no-churn, egg-free and fuss-free frozen treat!

You’re just gonna flip over all the delicious ice cream flavors you can create! I’ve outlined a few knockout favorites below from my experimenting (and extensive sampling). But feel free to get creative with your mix-ins.

The two ingredients truly make one of the best ice creams I’ve ever tasted, and I know I’ll be trying new flavors all summer long. Grab your ingredients and give it a whirl, too!

Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream

1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract

Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in a large bowl. In a separate large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, butter, cinnamon, and vanilla. Fold in whipped cream with a rubber spatula.

Pour into a 2-quart container and cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Store in freezer.

______________________________________________

Double Chocolate Pecan Ice Cream

1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup pecan pieces, or other chopped nuts
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in a large bowl. In a separate large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, cocoa powder and nuts. Fold in chocolate chips and whipped cream with a rubber spatula.

______________________________________________

Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream

1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 oz. cream cheese, melted
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
8-10 drops red or pink food coloring, optional
1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
1/4 cup crushed graham crackers

Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in a large bowl. In a separate large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, butter and food coloring. Fold in strawberries, graham crackers and whipped cream with a rubber spatula.

______________________________________________

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
11 drops green food coloring
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in a large bowl. In a separate large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, extract and food coloring. Fold in chocolate chips and whipped cream with a rubber spatula.

______________________________________________

Funfetti Cake Batter Ice Cream (my favorite!)

1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 cup yellow cake mix
1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles

Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in a large bowl. In a separate large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, butter, cake mix and sprinkles. Fold in whipped cream with a rubber spatula.

______________________________________________

Bourbon Salted Caramel Ice Cream

1 pint (2 cups) heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup caramel sauce, homemade or store bought
1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
3 Tablespoons bourbon whiskey

Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in a large bowl. In a separate large bowl, whisk sweetened condensed milk, caramel sauce, sea salt, and bourbon. Fold in whipped cream with a rubber spatula.

Inspired by Kevin & Amanda

68 Responses to “Amazing No-Churn Ice Cream: 6 Flavors”

Nicole@HeatOvenTo350 — April 25, 2014 @ 1:54 am

Genius, Georgia! I’ve tried the Cook’s Illustrated chocolate and vanilla no-churn recipes and they are delicious, but these flavors sound even better! I can’t wait to try the cake batter one.

Jules @ WolfItDown — April 25, 2014 @ 2:44 am

I think I just saw the light! This sounds and looks heavenly, mmmm!

Finally after eight months without a freezer, I’m moving in to a new flat next week that has one! (one of the first things I checked on the viewing..hah!). Now, all I need is a proper hand mixer and I’ll be good to go!

Thank you so much for all these scrumptious ideas Georgia! Also, would you be able to maaaaaaybe make a pistachio one? I remember when I moved to Scotland from Norway, the disappointment when I ordered “green” icecream and it tasted of mint (don’t get me wrong, it’s delicious, I just felt…..deceived…by the world!).

PS your baby must be smiling with all these delicious things you whip up! :D x

• Georgia — April 25th, 2014 @ 8:39 am

Thanks for your kind comment, Jules! Yes, you can definitely make a pistachio variation of this ice cream. Hope you enjoy!

Marie @ Little Kitchie — April 25, 2014 @ 6:31 am

Such a great post, Georgia!! I will be trying this for sure!

Jamie@Milk N Cookies — April 25, 2014 @ 7:39 am

I love all the different varieties you have here, starting with just two simple ingredients. And although I have an ice cream maker, sometimes i just wanna keep things a little simpler. Your recipe will definitely come in handy — magic trick indeed!

Gaby — April 25, 2014 @ 10:22 am

This is brilliant! Now I need to have an ice cream party!

Ashley — April 25, 2014 @ 12:24 pm

I have an ice cream maker but tried something similar once before and loved the results! It’s so easy! And that bourbon salted caramel flavor? Yesssss.

Phi @ The Sweetphi Blog — April 25, 2014 @ 12:58 pm

What? Two ingredients? This is like the most genius recipe EVER! Love it!!!! and all the flavors, they look super delicious!

Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg — April 25, 2014 @ 2:47 pm

Oh mercy me I’m in trouble now. :) An ice cream social is in my future.

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — April 25, 2014 @ 3:58 pm

Love making ice cream like this! Can’t wait to try the cake batter version!

Amy @ Fearless Homemaker — April 25, 2014 @ 4:06 pm

This looks wonderful Georgia! Bookmarked to try soon. =)

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — April 25, 2014 @ 4:31 pm

Love this and what great flavor combos! The cinnamon bun is calling my name!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — April 25, 2014 @ 4:35 pm

Have mercy, indeed! Georgia, this recipe is a very dangerous one! Love the 2-ingredient idea using sweetened condensed milk to replace a cooked custard for most homemade ice cream recipes. It is so versatile, too! Love all the variations, too. Just imagine cooking down the sweetened condensed milk a bit to caramelize, like dulce de leche, and adding a little salt for a Salted Caramel Ice Cream variation! Heaven help us, now! ;) Thanks for sharing, my friend. Will pin to several group boards. Busy mom’s will love this one!

Barbara | Creative Culinary — April 25, 2014 @ 4:55 pm

I have to admit my ice cream maker sure makes it easy…and I was assuming I was going to see some awful combinations all with bananas so this was a delight Georgia. Yum is the word. :)

Jeanette | Jeanette's Healthy Living — April 25, 2014 @ 5:28 pm

What a neat trick Georgia! Love how easy this sounds. And your flavor combinations look delicious!

Danae @ Recipe Runner — April 25, 2014 @ 5:53 pm

It’s like you knew that ice cream was my weakness! While I do have an ice cream maker I’m interested to try this super easy way of making it. I don’t know how I’ll ever choose which flavor to make, I think you covered all my favorites. Guess I’ll just have to make all 6 of them!

Marla Meridith — April 25, 2014 @ 5:57 pm

OK….I’m sold!!! Totally need to make this no-chrun ice cream asap!

Pam — April 25, 2014 @ 8:28 pm

Bookmarked! I can’t wait to try this. They all look so amazing Georgia.

Eva & Eva Bakes — April 25, 2014 @ 8:54 pm

Looks amazing and so easy! I love that it doesn’t involve eggs!

Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — April 25, 2014 @ 9:03 pm

Even though I have an ice cream machine, it’s so great to know I can whip up ice cream faster and without all the pre-planning. Love all the flavor ideas you shared too. The salted caramel is calling my name.

Carol at Wild Goose Tea — April 25, 2014 @ 9:54 pm

This is jaw dropping amazing and very vey very dangerous. The only thing that is saving me is I don’t normally have whipping cream on hand. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am a serious ice cream eater, so I don’t normally have it in the house. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in big big trouble here.

Betty — April 25, 2014 @ 11:12 pm

This looks dangerously easy and delicious. I do love ice cream and the thing that stops me from making it every day and gaining a million pounds is that it’s a bit of an effort to drag out the machine from where I’ve tucked it away. I guess I’ll just have to rely on the old will power now, because these flavors are mighty tempting! The Bourbon Salted Caramel is definitely happening. :)

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — April 26, 2014 @ 12:42 am

Amazing! I want it all!

Consuelo @ Honey & Figs — April 26, 2014 @ 4:16 am

ICE CREAM WITH JUST TWO INGREDIENTS??? And it looks this sinfully creamy???? Ooooohhhh gosh let me love you! These look like the best dessert ever! I need to try them all ;-)
    Have a lovely weekend! x

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — April 26, 2014 @ 8:12 am

YES-this is my fave too!!! I love how many flavors you can make! The ones you made look amazingggg

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — April 26, 2014 @ 8:15 am

HOLY MACKEREL! I can’t wait to try this myself. Best post I’ve seen all day!

Moonsparkle — April 26, 2014 @ 9:43 am

I was excited to see this post because I’ve been wanting to make ice cream for ages but don’t have an ice cream maker and I’ve heard it’s really hard to make by hand! lol. Thanks for the recipes. :)

whatjessicabakednext — April 26, 2014 @ 1:26 pm

I love these recipes- I always use the same as you, condensed milk and double cream to make my ice cream. Think it makes a lighter and even creamier ice cream! Thanks for sharing these other flavours too! :)

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — April 26, 2014 @ 3:06 pm

I love all the flavors! I just made no-churn ice cream too (tres leches flavor, recipe coming soon!) and I’m definitely a big fan!

Liz — April 26, 2014 @ 3:07 pm

Oh, Georgia, this is a must try recipe! So many great option, but I’d definitely try the caramel first…swooning over your photos of that marbled presentation!

Mary — April 26, 2014 @ 3:31 pm

These looks so good – I’m so glad you don’t need an ice cream maker! Mint chocolate chip sounds very good to me!
    Mary

Valerie | From Valerie's Kitchen — April 26, 2014 @ 5:30 pm

Wow! I have never tried making ice cream this way. They all look SO good and have such great texture.

Jaclyn — April 26, 2014 @ 8:49 pm

Ice cream is one of my favorite foods – love this post!

Bill — April 26, 2014 @ 9:27 pm

Ok, Georgia, where do you come up with these brilliant ideas?? Who knew ice cream could be so easy and the variations are endless. I seriously don’t know how you could go wrong with heavy cream and sweetened condensed milk! My mind in swirling with different flavor for this recipe. Awesome post!!

Zainab — April 26, 2014 @ 9:33 pm

So you mean I can always have ice cream? Amazing!!! I love this post. Pinning forever :)

Ashley @ Wishes & Dishes — April 26, 2014 @ 11:56 pm

I think the funfetti would be my favorite too!! SOO craving ice cream now!!

MB — April 27, 2014 @ 5:36 am

What a great idea! I pinned your post, and am dreaming of various yummy spring fruit mix-ins… Thanks!

Monica — April 27, 2014 @ 9:22 am

Seeing all this variety of ice cream makes me so happy. It’s just so cheerful. Ice cream is one of the best things on earth. So happy we can enjoy it in the sun and warm weather…finally!

marcie — April 27, 2014 @ 9:37 am

Why didn’t I know about this before I owned an ice cream maker? haha This sounds too good to be true, being that I love ice cream SO much, and I love how simple it is. All of your flavors look delicious, Georgia — I know I would flip over each and every one. Pinning! :)

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor — April 27, 2014 @ 11:08 am

I love ice cream whether it is churned or no-churn! But the no churn recipes definitely make it easier. So many delicious flavors too!

Emily @ Life on Food — April 27, 2014 @ 6:01 pm

This is dangerous being so easy. I love every bit of it though.

Jessica @ Sweet Menu — April 28, 2014 @ 9:00 pm

Eeek this post has been bookmarked! I love making ice cream at home and these recipes sound amazing! Cinnamon Bun Ice cream? Yipee!!

BJ — April 28, 2014 @ 10:45 pm

Georgia: Loved this idea, I made the strawberry cheesecake flavor today, but yesterday, I hope you don’t mind but I made up my own flavor using your base recipe. We like Banana pudding flavor, so I used your base recipe of whipping cream and sweetened, condensed milk, added 3 tbsp of instant banana cream pudding mix, 1 cup of diced bananas and 1 cup of roughly crushed vanilla wafers. It was awesome! The whole family loved it. Thanks for this idea.

• Georgia — April 29th, 2014 @ 9:04 am

I love the idea of a banana pudding flavor – sounds delicious! So glad you enjoyed it.

CH — April 29, 2014 @ 2:23 am

Now officially my favourite food blog. None can compare. Made the funfetti and a triple choc. All my frieds want to come over now.

• Georgia — April 29th, 2014 @ 9:04 am

Isn’t the funfetti outrageous? I love it! Thanks for stopping by.

Latasha — April 30, 2014 @ 8:52 am

Hi, I love trying out your recipes and so does my family. What kind of Vitamix do you have?

• Georgia — April 30th, 2014 @ 9:17 am

I used a KitchenAid stand mixer to whip the cream, not a Vitamix. But you can also use a food processor or electric hand mixer.

Caroline {TheBarbeeHousewife} — April 30, 2014 @ 12:16 pm

I have an ice cream maker, but it is still a pain to drag out. I can. not. wait. to try these no-churn recipes. Amazing!

Maureen | Orgasmic Chef — April 30, 2014 @ 7:23 pm

This is too easy (and delicious) for words.

Ramona — May 2, 2014 @ 5:52 am

Holy cow! I am totally loving this two ingredient ice cream. I am so doing this all summer long. :)

Jeremy Norton — May 4, 2014 @ 1:43 am

I super love this recipe. Everyone in the family love ice cream and I really find it exciting that there are only two recipes needed and I do not need to have an ice cream maker. This is surely a treat. Thanks a lot for sharing this trick.

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — May 5, 2014 @ 7:18 am

Haha. I would have totally separated this into 6 posts and posted them over 2 years or something. :D

I’ve never tried this but I really want to. That and the sweetened condensed milk and Nutella thing!

Jeanne — May 6, 2014 @ 1:11 pm

I just made the chocolate version but without nuts (one of my sons only like pistachios but I didn’t have any on hand). I could have eaten it before freezing it is soooooo good! I can’t wait until we can have some at 8 pm tonight! I was actually thinks about asking for a ice cream make for Mothers Day but we don’t any any space to store it. This is perfect! Thanks so much for the Mothers Day gift!

Jeanne — May 6, 2014 @ 8:30 pm

It was DELICIOUS! I can’t wait to try more flavors!

Elizebeth — May 11, 2014 @ 2:05 pm

My hubby and son will love this idea! Ice cream doesn’t last long around our house. Thanks for sharing these delish flavors and ice cream recipe.

Ela — May 16, 2014 @ 6:46 pm

Wow! Everything looks so good. I need to make this soon! May I know if I can add powdered sugar while whipping the heavy cream or would it affect the final result? Thanks.

• Georgia — May 17th, 2014 @ 8:56 am

Hi Ela – You can add a little powdered sugar if you’d like, but there’s no need since the sweetened condensed milk is already very sweet.

Izzie — July 9, 2014 @ 11:55 am

Can I use evaporated milk instead of sweetened condensed?

• Georgia — July 9th, 2014 @ 2:04 pm

No, sorry, I wouldn’t recommend evaporated milk or any other substitutions for the condensed milk.

Kati — July 18, 2014 @ 5:13 pm

If Evaporated Milk doesn’t work because if the consistency, do you have any ideas on reducing the sweetness level? The Condensed Milk is sooooo sweet, and while I love ice cream it’s just too sweet for me. I was trying to figure out how to thicken evaporated milk and cut some of the condensed milk out, but haven’t had any luck. Any ideas would be great! Thanks in advanced!

• Georgia — July 19th, 2014 @ 8:10 am

Sorry, I don’t have any recommendations for ingredient substitutions. I’ve only ever made this ice cream as written.

Sam — August 6, 2014 @ 10:34 pm

I want to make it with marshmallow fluff, have you tried that? what would you recommend? i have a jar of the fluff at home and need a way to get rid of it. thought a marshmallow ice cream may be delish!

• Georgia — August 7th, 2014 @ 12:48 pm

I would start by just incorporating a little marshmallow fluff at a time into the base (heavy cream + condensed milk). You could even add chocolate and graham cracker pieces to make a s’mores ice cream. Hope that helps!

Becca — September 22, 2014 @ 2:51 pm

This might be a dumb question, but what can I do with the remaining cake mix after I use one cup for the cake batter ice cream?

• Georgia — September 23rd, 2014 @ 9:16 am

I’ve mixed leftover cake mix with softened butter as a crumbly topping for fruit cobblers before. Apart from that, I’m not sure.

Cecilia — November 16, 2014 @ 1:46 am

Hi Georgia, I can’t wait to try this recipe. Do you think it’s possible to reduce the amount of condensed milk, as I wanted it to be less sweet?
    Thank you.

• Georgia — November 17th, 2014 @ 7:31 am

It doesn’t taste overly sweet, but I think decreasing the condensed milk a little would be fine.