Ooey Gooey S’mores Brownie Bars

As a kid, I loved camping… even if it was just in my front yard ‘til my friends and I grew fearful of the dark, cold and bugs wanting a warm sleeping bag to invade! It was a fun little adventure to share a small space with big bags of junk food and people you didn’t mind being really close to. Sleeping under fleecy blankets on top of the soft earth seemed so wild and adventurous! I didn’t even mind the midnight treks to toilets and awful aching back in the morning. Nothing a long, lazy afternoon nap can’t fix…

Since my hubby (the hand model below) doesn’t DO camping, though, I’ve found other ways to get those fuzzy, feet-in-the-grass summer feelings! There’s no better way to do it than with a batch of toasty, fire-roasted s’mores. But, the second best way? These incredible, easy S’more Brownie Bars.

A crisp bottom layer of graham crackers rests under a chocolaty, chewy layer of brownies topped with soft marshmallows. Nestle in chopped up Hershey’s bars and crumbled graham crackers, bake ‘em for just a few more minutes, and you’ve got yourself a camp-style treat worthy of indulging in for any summer occasion!

These taste exactly like a real s’more, but BETTER, if you can imagine. They definitely didn’t last long at the July 4th party I brought them to!

Trust me, these S’mores Brownie Bars really live up to their name! Ooey, gooey and absolutely delicious. Whether you’re trying to get your campfire fix or just baking up these bars to share with friends, you’re gonna love them! No bonfire required. Only one bowl, one pan and a little bit of patience while they bake and cool!

PrintPrint Recipe

Ooey Gooey S’mores Brownie Bars

Yield: Makes about 24 bars

Nonstick cooking spray

1 (18 oz.) package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)

Eggs, oil and water, as called for on brownie mix package

6-10 whole graham crackers, depending on size*

3 cups mini marshmallows

1-2 Hershey’s chocolate bars, cut into small pieces

2-3 graham crackers, crushed into small pieces

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13 x 9 inch pan with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.

Prepare the brownie batter according to package directions. Set aside. Arrange graham crackers in a single layer in the pan. Spread brownie mix evenly over crackers.

Bake for 25-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with marshmallows, chocolate bar pieces, and crushed graham crackers. Bake 5-7 minutes longer, or until marshmallows are slightly puffed and golden brown. Cool completely before cutting (refrigerating for 1-2 hours speeds up the process).

TIPS

You may need to cut the graham crackers to fit the shape of the pan. This is easy to do!

Adapted from Taste of Home

80 Responses to “Ooey Gooey S’mores Brownie Bars”

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — July 10, 2013 @ 12:04 am

I’m drooling over those gooey marshmallows! Incredible bars, Georgia!

Stacy | Wicked Good Kitchen — July 10, 2013 @ 12:20 am

S’mores Bars that are even better than the real deal? Indeed a “campfire fix” and I am so there! Gorgeous and fun photos, too, Georgia!

Tieghan — July 10, 2013 @ 12:24 am

I am dying for these bars and it is 10:20 here and I am in bed with my teeth brushed. Must go make them now. Seriously, if I were not dead tired I would!! Georgia, they are incredibly amazing. In awe over them!!

Anne ~ Uni Homemaker — July 10, 2013 @ 12:46 am

HOLY MOLY! These look AMAZING Georgia! Your photos are gorgeous! I especially love the action shot with your husband’s hands. Pinning! :) Have a stellar week!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — July 10, 2013 @ 1:08 am

I’ll be honest with you – I’m not much of a camper except for 1 reason – the campfire and the s’mores. But now I think I could skip out on the camping and make these right in the comfort of my own kitchen!

Kathryn — July 10, 2013 @ 3:38 am

I’m not much of an outdoors person but I always get very excited about the idea of s’mores! Can’t wait to give these a try this summer.

CCU — July 10, 2013 @ 5:13 am

I love the beautiful smores brownies, they look way too delicious :D

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

Audra | The Baker Chick — July 10, 2013 @ 6:14 am

Ooh Georgia these are just wonderful! I love S’mores themed treats and with the gooey marshmallows these look perfect!

Joanne — July 10, 2013 @ 6:34 am

I’m not super into camping either..but I MIGHT be convinced if given a plate of those s’mores bars to keep me company. Those look seriously amazing!

Bill — July 10, 2013 @ 6:48 am

I can’t believe how amazing these look!! I haven’t had s’mores for years and combining those ingredients with a brownie is brilliant!! Great photos as well!

Angie@Angie's Recipes — July 10, 2013 @ 7:02 am

Gosh…these calorie bombs look so crazily GOOD!

Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — July 10, 2013 @ 7:23 am

These would totally disappear in my house!

Erika — July 10, 2013 @ 7:50 am

Oh my lawd! I would eat the entire pan all by myself.

Deborah — July 10, 2013 @ 7:55 am

I love camping, but we haven’t been able to go yet this year. I need to make these to get my camping fix!

Alyssa — July 10, 2013 @ 7:55 am

Holy. Cow. My friends would go absolutely nuts over these–I’m going to have to make them for our next beach trip!

Eileen — July 10, 2013 @ 7:59 am

These look absolutely sinful Georgia. We had a campfire a few weeks ago and we made smores, but before that, it had been ages since I’ve had them. My favorite smore is made using a Reese Peanut Butter Cup. That takes them to a whole new level – lol! I’m adding this recipe to my list of goodies to take glamping because I know (my luck) the first time we camp it will probably be a wet weekend and we won’t be able to have a campfire. Murphy’s Law!

Jessica@AKitchenAddiction — July 10, 2013 @ 8:02 am

These are total s’mores perfection!

Marie @ Little Kitchie — July 10, 2013 @ 8:18 am

Oh my goodness, Georgia!! These look SO amazing and just perfect! I would inhale these!!

Monica — July 10, 2013 @ 8:51 am

Oh my goodness, you’ve stuffed s’mores with brownies in the middle! That is genius! I have to admit I’m with your husband (not the camping type) but I would happily stay in the kitchen and make these s’mores brownie bars for the campers. Thanks for sharing!

Natalie — July 10, 2013 @ 8:52 am

These are killing me because I want to go home and make them right now!!! They look amazing.

Annie @ Annie's Noms — July 10, 2013 @ 9:01 am

Holy yum!! These look divine :) Seriously need to make these!

Cathy Pollak ~ Noble Pig — July 10, 2013 @ 9:08 am

This is crazy yummy looking. Ooey gooey is right which is what makes this so mouthwatering!!

Robyn Stone | Add a Pinch — July 10, 2013 @ 9:21 am

I’m always a sucker for s’mores!!! These look divine!!!

Annalise @ Completely Delicious — July 10, 2013 @ 9:39 am

We love camping! And I love smores. We’re foregoing the camping this year because of the kiddo, but now I can make believe with these bars. They look delicious!

Ash- foodfashionparty — July 10, 2013 @ 9:41 am

I can imagine it disappearing even before the dinner started. These are sinfully delicious looking,

Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen — July 10, 2013 @ 9:58 am

S’mores = the best part of camping! Drooling over these brownies!

Emily {Pink Tiger in the Kitchen} — July 10, 2013 @ 10:13 am

I have to say… I’m in the no camping camp with your husband. I like my comforts… BUT I always put up with it when I was little for the s’mores!! These bars look absolutely divine!!

Meredith In Sock Monkey Slipeprs — July 10, 2013 @ 10:51 am

Wow! These are gorgeous!

Tammy — July 10, 2013 @ 11:09 am

Oh wow these looks amazing! This is like the classic summer treat :D

You have a wonderful site!

Toodles,
    Tammy<3

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl — July 10, 2013 @ 11:29 am

The recipe and these pictures just made me the happiest girl of the day! Thank you!

Pam — July 10, 2013 @ 11:31 am

Oh my! They look so decadent and delicious.

Mimi @ Culinary Couture — July 10, 2013 @ 11:31 am

Wow these look amazing. I am so down with ooey gooey things, especially when brownies are involved.

Mr. & Mrs. P — July 10, 2013 @ 12:02 pm

YUM!! Oeey, gooey and brownies!!! Don’t know which of those 3 descriptions we love the most.

This would be amazing warm with some ice cream!!! Pinned and shared with our followers!!

amy @ fearless homemaker — July 10, 2013 @ 1:09 pm

These look flippin’ fantastic! I don’t really *do* camping, much like your hubby, but I’d gladly go camping if it meant I could get a few of these. YUM!

Kelly — July 10, 2013 @ 1:48 pm

Holy cow, these look AMAZING Georgia! I wish I could grab one through my screen right now and enjoy one of these heavenly bars now. Hehe, my hubby doesn’t enjoy camping too but we oh how we LOVE our s’mores and now we can enjoy them minus the campfire:) Gorgeous photos, pinned!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts — July 10, 2013 @ 2:13 pm

I have been having a serious craving for s’mores lately! These look heavenly – so gooey and melty. Yum!

Tina @ Tina's Chic Corner — July 10, 2013 @ 2:27 pm

You had me at ooey gooey. :) These look amazing! They are perfect for the summertime. I don’t do the camping scene but it doesn’t stop me from making anything having to do with smores.

sally @ sallys baking addiction — July 10, 2013 @ 2:28 pm

These would disappear here, Georgia. You have no idea how much I love S’mores!! S’more anything! My favorite. Love these.

Cassie @ The Clean Sheep — July 10, 2013 @ 3:30 pm

Georgia, found you through Little Kitchie and swooning over your beautiful site and photography. Thanks for checking out the crepes! I”ll be following!

carrian — July 10, 2013 @ 3:33 pm

Clearly I’m an emotional eater. I’m so stressed today, saw those fluffy marshs, and then immediately though, I want to shovel every morsel into my mouth. Haha! And ps, gorgeous cutting board!!

foodfashionandflow — July 10, 2013 @ 3:42 pm

Girl stop it! these look so delicious and excuse me while I wipe the drool off . Such drool worthy photos and man oh man do these look delicious and chocolatey. YUM!

marcie@flavorthemoments — July 10, 2013 @ 4:20 pm

These look SO amazing. S’mores are one of my greatest weaknesses, and yours look just perfect. As usual, your photos are dynamite. If you wrote a book on food photography, I would buy it!

The Café Sucre Farine — July 10, 2013 @ 5:16 pm

OMGoodness! These are just amazing, how fun to serve at a summer get together, PINNED!

Kiran @ KiranTarun.com — July 10, 2013 @ 6:01 pm

Gorgeous bars!!! I just had my first taste of smores!! Not turning back on this one :)

Monica — July 10, 2013 @ 6:33 pm

Georgia, these s’mores brownie bars look amazing…perfectly reminiscent of campfire days (:

Laura @ The Rookie Cook — July 10, 2013 @ 7:26 pm

Oh my gosh, S’more’s Bars?? I am seriously pinning these! What a great idea for a party dessert – portable s’mores.
    Btw, my husband loves camping, although I have managed to convince him not to take me yet. It just doesn’t sound like fun to me…and too many mosquitoes. =)

john@kitchenriffs — July 10, 2013 @ 8:03 pm

We’re past our camping days, but used to really enjoy it. These days we want a bit more luxe than camping provides. Still like being outdoors, though, particularly if it’d involve eating these great looking S’Mores Brownies! Great concept, great dish – totally love these. Thanks so much.

Julie @ Table for Two — July 10, 2013 @ 8:07 pm

This looks so amazing and completely impossible to resist!!

Reeni — July 10, 2013 @ 8:45 pm

My camping days are over but my S’more eating days are not! These are absolutely delectable Georgia! I wish I had some for a midnight snack!

Liz — July 10, 2013 @ 9:01 pm

Oh, Georgia, your photos are incredible!!! So darn enticing…I need some s’mores brownies ASAP! These look terrific!!!

Sylvie @ Gourmande in the Kitchen — July 10, 2013 @ 9:05 pm

Ah s’mores are such a summertime classic and these look ooey gooey good indeed!

Nik@ABrownTable — July 10, 2013 @ 9:52 pm

Simply delicious, what a fun summer treat!

Jaclyn — July 10, 2013 @ 10:15 pm

These look so good! S’mores are the best thing EVER! I want to dive into that second pic and go for a swim!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — July 10, 2013 @ 10:47 pm

Sweet heavens! I’m in love, Georgia!

Anna (Hidden Ponies) — July 10, 2013 @ 10:55 pm

These look crazy perfect! I’ve outgrown the allure of camping but miss the campfire and s’mores – these should take care of that in no time :)

Aimee @ ShugarySweets — July 11, 2013 @ 5:56 am

OMG you’re killing me with these bars!!! I just want to reach right through the computer!

marla — July 11, 2013 @ 7:41 am

Whoa! These are the ultimate amazing treat G!

Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — July 11, 2013 @ 8:45 am

ERMAHGERD, Georgia .. these are out. of. this. world. The gooey marshmallow! The pockets of melty chocolate! I am DYINNNNGGG. And your photography is seriously mind-blowingly beautiful!

Eat Good 4 Life — July 11, 2013 @ 10:28 am

OMG…These are unreal looking. I have seen a few s’more recipes lately but the look of these top them all. I am pinning this to make very soon. My kids are going to love them for sure :-)

Shashi — July 11, 2013 @ 11:15 am

These look GREAT!!!
    So glad I stumbled on your blog!
    Thanks! Cannot wait to try these

ashley - baker by nature — July 11, 2013 @ 11:51 am

Oh my goodness girl!!! Why are these NOT in my face right now?!

Whitney — July 11, 2013 @ 12:15 pm

Oh my goodness, I must make immediately!!!

Jessica — July 11, 2013 @ 1:41 pm

You are KILLING me. I need these right now!

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — July 11, 2013 @ 7:59 pm

I’ve never gone camping but I defiinitely like smores! I can imagine that these brownies are a more delicious version!

Nami | Just One Cookbook — July 11, 2013 @ 9:01 pm

I really lost my words with joy when I saw this in my inbox. I’ll have to make these for my son when I go home!

Rachel @ Bakerita — July 11, 2013 @ 10:45 pm

Totally drooling, and desperately wishing I had all of these ingredients in my house right now!!

Ramona — July 12, 2013 @ 8:07 am

Is it bad that I want to just dive into that 2nd photo.. with all the marshmallows and chocolate? These brownies would make my kids jump up and down. YUM!

val — July 12, 2013 @ 11:39 am

Pass along the entire pan because I know for sure I could eat it all.

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust — July 12, 2013 @ 7:15 pm

This is so fantastic. That second shot? All the marshmallows? LOVE.

Patty — July 13, 2013 @ 12:21 pm

These have got to be the best ooey gooey s’mores brownies ever in the world, love ;-)

Kathy — July 15, 2013 @ 12:58 pm

Yum! I don’t enjoy camping. What a great way to get s’mores in!

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — July 17, 2013 @ 8:34 pm

*sob* I just…love s’mores… SO MUCH!!!

These bars….AHHH INCREDIBLE!

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — July 18, 2013 @ 3:35 pm

I weep every time I see a graham cracker containing recipe. I forgot to pack them in my suitcase. :'( And I decided against buying graham flour. So mad at myself!

Anyway, these look awesome! Can’t wait until I have graham crackers one day. :D

Oh and plus I just made homemade marshmallows making it all the more painful that I don’t have graham crackers.

Sad story, huh? ;)

• Georgia — July 18th, 2013 @ 3:36 pm

Awwww! Buy ‘em on Amazon or swap out with Nilla Wafers maybe?

Erin @ Texanerin Baking — July 19, 2013 @ 3:26 pm

Nice idea but I think i’ll pass on what would be a $20 box of graham crackers after shipping. ;) And Nilla Wafers? Haha. The only American cookies or crackers we have are Oreos and Ritz (both of which were a recent development). I’ll just have to find a graham flourless graham cracker recipe. I bet they exist! :)

Lindsay — July 31, 2013 @ 8:09 pm

I made these yesterday for game night and they were a huge hit! Absolutely delicious and nobody could believe they started with boxed brownies :) These are a definite keeper.

Bill — August 7, 2013 @ 11:17 am

In a word… Yum!! I want one now! :-) Brings back memories from my childhood around the campfire. Great photos and awesome post!

Jenn — November 8, 2013 @ 11:38 am

Just made these last night, and they are DELISH! Had to send the rest of them with the hubs to work this morning. He just informed me that they were gone by 8:15am! Already getting inquires for the recipe…. all thanks to you! Will def be taking these to more social gatherings! :-)

Letty — November 22, 2013 @ 1:04 pm

These were a TOTAL HIT

Letty — November 22, 2013 @ 1:07 pm

These were a TOTAL HIT at our office Thanksgiving Luncheon! One of my co-workers made them (just one of your many fans at my office. ;)