My all-time favorite cookie! Extra soft centers and lightly crisp edges make these macadamia cookies melt-in-your-mouth good. Mix up the easy dough in just 5 minutes. Every bite is rich with salted macadamia nuts and sweet white chocolate chips.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Merry Christmas Eve, foodie friends! 🎄 I saved you a plate of cookies and a mug of cozy cocoa.
Though I wish I could hug you, and sprinkle cookies across the world like a Fairy Cookiemother, I can only do the next best thing. Sharing my all-time favorite, most amazing ever cookies with you. We’re coming up on 12 YEARS of The Comfort of Cooking (wha?!), so what better way to celebrate than with a batch of these beauties. Which I may or may not be taste-testing (for the fifth time today) as I type to you.
I’ve loved these cookies since I was a little kid. My dad took me to the Mrs. Fields cookie shop sometimes, and it was love at first bite. I’ve tried every year to perfect the recipe, always coming up short, until I nailed it. Now, I’m so excited to be sharing this with you and adding this to my list of cherished family recipes. These macadamia nut cookies are heaven in a handheld bite. Salty, sweet, buttery and nutty, but so delicate in their texture. One is never enough – everyone I know agrees, and is equally addicted to this recipe!
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with the warmth of home, and good company of family and friends.
Promise me you’ll add these to your last-minute holiday baking list?
Craving more Christmas cookies? Try these!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts (coarsely chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar on medium speed. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix well after each addition, until light and creamy. Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt. Add to wet ingredients. Mix on low, until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and macadamia nuts until well combined. Form dough into 1-tablespoon sized balls. Place 4-6 dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. Let cool for 3 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
This dough can be made ahead 1 day in advance of baking.
Store in a resealable plastic container or bag for up to 1 week. Or, freeze for up to 1 month.
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!