The easiest way to make perfect homemade pies! This slab pie needs only three ingredients for a deliciously golden, bubbly cherry pie dessert. Heaven with vanilla ice cream! Use your favorite fruit filling and sprinkle with sparkling sugar for a pretty finish.
One of my favorite childhood memories is devouring a slice of cherry pie on a hot summer day with my dad. He knew how to get me to do anything for dessert – finish my homework, (try to) shoot hoops in the yard, and listen to his fishing stories. There was always a sweet treat to end those toasty afternoons spent swimming in the ocean, running around with dogs and tearing up the beach in a ’90s Bronco. My favorite, by far, was a warm cherry pie with a heaping scoop of cold vanilla ice cream.
Though, being an adult and eating cherry pie in bed isn’t half bad, either!
Admittedly, my pies don’t look perfect, but they are always homemade with love. This one is made fast and easy with a 13×9 sheet pan (an awesome discovery with so many uses!), store-bought pie crust and cherry pie filling. Since this is a sheet pan pie, it is more shallow with a PERFECT ratio of crust-to filling. A swipe of egg wash and sprinkling of coarse sugar make this one gorgeously golden pie!
Ready to make your own 3-Ingredient Cherry Slab Pie?
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
• Roll out pie dough into an 11×14-inch rectangle. Fit dough into an ungreased 13x9x1-inch sheet pan (quarter sheet pan). Allow excess overhang; do not trim. Pour cherry pie filling into crust and spread evenly.
• Place remaining piece of dough on top. Or, create a lattice weave (as shown) by overlapping dough pieces. Pinch edges of top and bottom crusts together to seal.
• Lightly brush top with egg wash. If desired, sprinkle evenly with coarse sugar.
• Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely before slicing.
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
Looking for more delicious, golden pies, tarts & pastries? Try these!
• 4-Ingredient Apple Pie Cookies
• 3-Ingredient Salted Chocolate Brownie Fruit Tart
My family and I loved this tangy, sweet cherry pie. It was the perfect end-of-day dessert after a barbecue dinner on a warm summer day! Though, this pie would make a sweet finish to the day, anytime of the year.
Intimated by the lattice weave on top? Fear not! Here’s an easy tutorial, or you can just lay the whole pie crust on top, cutting a few slits to vent.
Feel free to get creative and add your own fruit filling, like apple, blueberry, peach, strawberry or raspberry. Zest in some fresh lemon zest or ginger. This recipe is very adaptable to make your own!
3-Ingredient Slab Cherry Pie
- 2 pie dough rounds, homemade or store-bought
- 2 (20 oz.) cans cherry pie filling, I used Lucky Leaf Lite
- 1 egg + 1 tsp. water, for egg wash
- 1 Tbsp. coarse sugar, for sprinkling, optional
For serving, optional:
- Vanilla ice cream, necessary, if you ask me!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roll out pie dough into an 11x14-inch rectangle. Fit dough into an ungreased 13x9x1-inch sheet pan (quarter sheet pan). Allow excess overhang; do not trim. Pour cherry pie filling into crust and spread evenly.
- Place remaining piece of dough on top. Or, create a lattice weave (as shown) by overlapping dough pieces. Pinch edges of top and bottom crusts together to seal.
- Lightly brush top with egg wash. If desired, sprinkle evenly with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely before slicing.
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!
May I ask what brand of frozen dough you used for this?
Pillsbury! Always my go-to pie dough.
Looks great and easy!! My husband loves cherry pie, and I want to make this for his birthday this weekend. Could a 13×9 glass Pyrex be used or does it have to be a metal sheet pan?
That would work. Your pie will end up with thicker filling, but would be just as delicious. You may need to adjust the baking time, so watch carefully.