Quick & Easy Chocolate Covered S’mores Pretzels

When baby is in bed for the night, hubby and I like to unwind and treat ourselves. He grabs a beer (and a glass of wine for mama), and I snag the good stuff – graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate for s’mores! We head out into the hot summer night, fire up the grill, and toast our ‘mallows until melty and crisp. Naturally, it becomes a who-can-toast-the-perfect-marshmallow competition.

I win. Of course.

He gets over it, and a “cheers” with our cold drinks calls a truce. We indulge in our sticky s’mores while watching the sunset and head inside after the mosquitoes have munched on us enough. It’s perfect. It’s delicious. And there’s no other way (minus bugs) I like to spend my summer evenings! Except catching up on some sleep.

… During which I dream about how to make classic s’mores even better!

In these sweet, salty and super easy S’mores Pretzels, I found my answer.

You don’t need an oven, grill or campfire for these little cuties – just use your microwave! Ten seconds is all it takes for the marshmallow to puff up. Layer on your chocolate candy (halved Hershey’s snack-size chocolates work well), and top with another pretzel. Perfectly good as is, but even better dunked in delicious melted chocolate!

You could easily omit the chocolate bar from the s’more, since the chocolate coating adds lots of creamy sweetness. But, I’d say go for both!

For parties, weeknights or any occasion that calls for a quick and easy treat, these Chocolate Covered S’mores hit the spot. They take under 10 minutes to make, are a fun activity for kids, and are delicious little indulgences. I can see us making these for our baby bedtime treats, too!

Quick & Easy Chocolate Covered S’mores Pretzels

Yield: Makes 15

30 pretzels
30 chocolate candies, halved (I used snack-size Hershey’s bars)
15 full-sized marshmallows, cut in half
1 cup candy melts or chocolate chips
1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil

For topping:
Sprinkles, chopped nuts/cookies/graham crackers, etc., optional

On a flat working surface, assemble pretzel s’mores. On top of 1 pretzel, layer marshmallow and chocolate candy. Microwave for 10-20 seconds, up to 5 at a time, watching closely. The marshmallow should puff up. Top each with an additional pretzel, pressing down slightly.

Microwave candy melts in 30-second increments. Once melted, whisk in vegetable oil until smooth. Dip pretzel s’mores in melted chocolate, coating as best as possible (I used a spoon to help “pour” the chocolate over top – it can get messy!). Place on wax paper-lined plate and freeze to harden.

Adapted from Love From the Oven

30 Responses to “Quick & Easy Chocolate Covered S’mores Pretzels”

Jules @ WolfItDown — July 21, 2014 @ 2:33 am

These look too good!
    Absolutely amazing photos as well, and it does sounds like it makes for a perfect Summer’s eve :) Mmmm thanks for the inspiration, I hope you have a lovely week ahead :) x

Marie @ Little Kitchie — July 21, 2014 @ 6:26 am

These are too good! Sweet, salty, perfect for summer!

Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — July 21, 2014 @ 6:42 am

Yes pleaaaaaase!! This is such a summery dessert! Love the recipe :)

Erin | The Law Student's Wife — July 21, 2014 @ 7:28 am

I love your and your hubby’s unwind time! S’mores and wine? You are a woman after my own heart!

Shashi @ runninsrilankan — July 21, 2014 @ 7:58 am

My daughter and I love making smores too – we haven’t ever thought of using pretzels though – such a great idea – such a wonderful balance of sweet and salty, melty/gooey and crispy! Thanks so much for this idea! Hope you have a wonderful Monday, Georgia!

lisa @StudioJewel — July 21, 2014 @ 9:20 am

these sound just about perfect! can’t wait to whip some up! :)

Pat — July 21, 2014 @ 11:07 am

I love the crunch, sweet and salty….great recipe! Thanks for sharing :)

Phi @ The Sweetphi Blog — July 21, 2014 @ 12:50 pm

I’m seriously obsessing over these Georgia! What a fantastic idea!! I am throwing a bachelorette party for my best friend and am definitely putting these beauties on the list to make!

Angel Reyes — July 21, 2014 @ 1:11 pm

What a good idea. I had my first smores last year (we don’t make them in Puerto Rico) and I loved them.

Ashley — July 21, 2014 @ 4:00 pm

Whoa now these look like a perfect sweet treat! Sweet and salty and s’mores like??? Yes and yes!

Kristine @ Kristine's Kitchen — July 21, 2014 @ 4:37 pm

These look SO good! I love that ooey gooey marshmallow photo! I bet the salty pretzels are just amazing with the sweet chocolate and marshmallow!

Angelyn @ Everyday Desserts — July 21, 2014 @ 5:20 pm

I love s’mores and I’m pretty sure I’d love them even more with pretzels instead of graham crackers. These look amazing!

Norma | Allspice and Nutmeg — July 21, 2014 @ 5:41 pm

Sweet salty goodness in one bite. Love this.

Gaby — July 21, 2014 @ 8:31 pm

Incredibly delicious! I need a few of these right now!

Nicole ~ Cooking for Keeps — July 21, 2014 @ 9:04 pm

Sounds like a perfect at-home date night. :) Capped off with the perfect sweet treat.

Maureen | Orgasmic Chef — July 21, 2014 @ 10:33 pm

What a clever idea and a lovely peek into your idyllic life. :)

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic — July 22, 2014 @ 9:03 am

I love these super easy smores bites! So much so that I kinda wish I’m eating them right now for breakfast… :)

Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — July 22, 2014 @ 9:41 am

awwww I love your s’mores nights!!! And these little treats look crazy dangerous: you can make them SO quickly and easily and I looove the sweet & salty!

Pam — July 22, 2014 @ 11:00 am

Fun and tasty treat that my whole family would love.

Ramona — July 22, 2014 @ 11:09 am

How fun and delicious. I would love the salt kick from the pretzel with all those flavors. :)

Valerie | From Valerie's Kitchen — July 22, 2014 @ 11:26 am

These are pretty darn genius – and dangerous! Gotta try :)

Jessica @ A Kitchen Addiction — July 22, 2014 @ 1:09 pm

We just had a s’mores night using our gas stove top! :) These will be happening next!

Zainab — July 22, 2014 @ 5:08 pm

Your unwind nights sound amazing! Wine and smores ;) Love these!!!

Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love. — July 22, 2014 @ 11:56 pm

You deserve to treat yourselves! I hope me and my hubby have the time to do the same once our little one arrives. These look so yummy!

Kitchen Belleicious — July 23, 2014 @ 7:20 am

fun simple easy and delicious:) just how I want a summer treat to be

Anna (Hidden Ponies) — July 23, 2014 @ 12:22 pm

S’mores and wine – so good! Love these special snacks.

Nami | Just One Cookbook — July 23, 2014 @ 5:54 pm

Right timing! We’re getting together with neighbors tonight to make smore’s! I’m going to share this recipe with everyone. What a delicious and awesome snack!

Choc Chip Uru — July 24, 2014 @ 6:44 pm

What a great salty twist to s’mores :D
    Yum!

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

Christi @ Love From The Oven — July 26, 2014 @ 4:20 pm

Pretzel s’mores have always been my favorite!

Ann — July 27, 2014 @ 6:51 pm

Oh, I like these. What a creative and tasteful way of making them.