Truffles are one of my favorite holiday desserts to make, since they’re so simple and always an attractive two-bite treat for party guests craving something sweet yet small.
Here’s a tasty and different spin on truffles that you may have never seen before – s’mores! A mixture of butter, heavy cream and milk chocolate swirl together to create a velvety chocolate center for the truffle, and once hardened they easily roll into shape. While shaping the truffles, simply pop a mini marshmallow in the middle, then roll the truffles in crushed graham crackers. Voila! This classic campfire treat has been given a mouthwateringly easy, elegant makeover in no time.
As a sinful little sweet for dinner guests, a fancy nibble to bring to a holiday party, or just to keep for yourself, I know you will enjoy these s’mores truffles just as much as I have!
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups 12 oz. milk chocolate chips
- 24 mini marshmallows
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan over medium heat; whisk in cream and bring to a boil. Remove pan from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and smooth. Chill saucepan in refrigerator for 1 hour, or until chocolate is solid and able to be rolled.
- Roll chocolate into 24 balls, stuffing a mini marshmallow into the center of each.*
- Chill truffles a few minutes before rolling in graham cracker crumbs. Chill for a few minutes again so they solidify more.