Buttery, flaky and luxurious cheesy goodness in under 15 minutes? Yes, please! These quick, easy croissant sandwiches with ham and gruyère only need a handful of ingredients. Drizzle on a honey mustard glaze and sprinkle with fresh green onions. Try these fast, mouthwatering croissants for your holiday breakfast or lunch.
Baked Ham and Cheese Croissants
Say hello to the easiest, most elegant croissant sandwiches ever. Full of gooey cheese, salty ham, and drizzled with a melt-in-your-mouth honey mustard glaze – OMG. Is there anything better than the first bite of a flaky croissant, with those crispy, buttery bits coating your lips? Crunching into a croissant stuffed with ham and cheese practically transports me back to Paris.
Simply put: Your mornings and afternoons are about to get a whole lot better with this recipe.
I say we play hooky, celebrate mid-week and pack a picnic for the park – French style! I’ll bring a basket of these buttery-soft ham and cheese croissants, lots of napkins of course. Some fresh fruit for noshing, too. You bring the wine?
It’s a date!
Keep reading to get my recipe for the best-ever Ham and Cheese Croissants – you will be glad you did.
Ready to make your own Baked Ham and Cheese Croissants?
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
• Slice croissants in half lengthwise. Place 2 cheese slices on bottom, followed by ham slices, and additional cheese on top. Place the croissants on sheet pan.
• In a small bowl, mix melted butter, honey, Dijon, brown sugar and poppy seeds. Brush on top of the croissants. Bake for 7-9 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
• Sprinkle with green onions.
• Serve and enjoy!
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
Craving more easy sandwich recipes? Try these!
• Pear, Prosciutto and Brie Grilled Cheese
• The Ultimate Turkey Bacon Club Sandwich
• 3-Ingredient Baked Ham and Cheese Rollups
• Avocado Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad Sandwich
• Cheesy Garlic Bread Meatball Sliders
• Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Sliders
Quick tip: Though this recipe calls for Swiss or gruyère cheese, you can certainly use your preference of cheese! A melt-friendly cheese like cheddar, Monterey jack, American, pepper jack, or provolone gets my vote. But, you do you, boo!
Don’t have honey in your pantry? Use maple syrup! No poppy seeds? Skip ’em! This recipe is perfectly adaptable for what you’ve got.
For serving on the side: A leafy green salad tossed with oil and vinegar is lovely. Putting these out for brunch? Add a fruit salad and a bowl of fluffy scrambled eggs on the side. I’ll bring the mimosas!
For making ahead: You can assemble these sandwiches up to one day ahead, cover and refrigerate. Go ahead and cook as instructed, once you’re ready to serve. These only take about 7-9 minutes to toast up in your oven, so get ready for quick, cheesy golden goodness in no time!
Please feel free to leave a comment and a star rating, if you give these delicious sandwiches a try. I would love to hear from you!
Baked Ham and Cheese Croissants
- 4 flaky French croissants
- 4-6 slices good-quality ham
- 8 slices gruyère or Swiss cheese
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1/2 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Slice croissants in half lengthwise. Place 2 cheese slices on bottom, followed by ham slices, and additional cheese on top. Place the croissants on sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, mix melted butter, honey, Dijon, brown sugar and poppy seeds. Brush on top of the croissants. Bake for 7-9 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!