These saucy, scrumptious chicken enchiladas are stuffed with corn, black beans and salsa for a fabulous weeknight meal that also freezes well!
Before leaving for Europe, I made a big batch of these saucy, scrumptious enchiladas, wrapped ‘em up tight and popped them in the freezer. When we sleepily stumbled in after an entire day of flying back from the trip, this was the perfect comfort food we needed to welcome us home.
A good back rub and a chilled margarita would have made it complete, but we took what we could get!
These four cheese chicken enchiladas are stuffed with juicy chicken chunks, black beans, corn and your favorite salsa for a truly delish dinner! Simple enough for a weeknight meal but good enough for dinner guests, these mouthwatering enchiladas will keep your Tex-Mex craving coming back again and again!
Four Cheese Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pkg. (1.25 oz.) taco seasoning
- 2 cups chunky-style salsa
- 1 15 oz. can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 2 cups Sargento Fancy Shredded 4 Cheese Mexican Cheese divided
- 20 oz. red or green enchilada sauce
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 2 Tbsp. sliced black olives
- 2 Tbsp. sliced green onions or chopped cilantro
- Sour cream optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a large high-sided skillet set to medium heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add taco seasoning; cook for an additional 2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Stir in salsa, beans, corn and 1 cup cheese.
- Spread 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish. Soften tortillas by placing inside a slightly damp paper towel, setting on a plate and microwaving for 30 seconds. Place 2/3 cup chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place in dish, seam-side-down.
- Pour remaining sauce over tortillas; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and filling is hot. Garnish with olives, green onions/cilantro and serve with sour cream, if desired.