Just 5 ingredients + 15 minutes! Melt-in-your-mouth lemon cookies are our new favorite. These have been FLYING off the platter in my house. This super simple recipe only requires cake mix, eggs, oil and lemon juice. Tangy, sweet, crisp perfection with a cup of coffee!
I have a problem. The trouble with no having any sweets in the house is, I always have the ingredients to make these irresistibly good lemon cookies. You only need pantry staples and a handful of minutes to make them. And, even though I’m crunched for time as a new homeschool teacher (yay?), I usually have both. Everyone loves them.
The steps are simple:
• Blend all cookie ingredients in a large bowl.
• Wrap dough and refrigerate for about 20 minutes before rolling.
• Roll dough into balls, then into powdered sugar.
• Bake for 9-11 minutes at 350 degrees F. Enjoy!
Keep reading for full ingredient list + recipe, below
If you need a fast dessert to comfort your cravings and satisfy friends and family, THIS is it. These take hardly any time, are super addictive and my family’s all time favorite. I am begged to make them every other week, and they fly off the platter.
Looking for more lemony sweet treat recipes? I’ve got just the thing!
• Lemon Cheesecake Bars
• No-Bake Strawberry Lemonade Bites
• Super Soft Lemon-Raspberry Muffins
• Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
• Lemon Poppy Seed Donuts with Vanilla Glaze
These cookies are our go-to when the craving for a bright, citrusy sweet treat hits. They’re SO simple to make with pantry ingredients that we always keep on hand – cake mix, eggs, oil, lemons and sugar. A quick, rich one-bowl cookie is sure to hit the spot. You and your family will love these!
5-Ingredient Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- 15.25 ounce box lemon cake mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 lemon, zested and juice of half lemon, (or 1 teaspoon lemon extract)
For rolling the cookies:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, oil, eggs, lemon zest and juice (or sub with 1 teaspoon lemon extract). Blend well until combined.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes. This will make it easier to work with, since it is sticky.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon cookie dough into your hand; roll into a ball. Roll dough balls into powdered sugar and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the cookies are set (do not brown). Let cool for a couple minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
To Freeze: Allow cookies to cool. Once hard, stack in a freezer container or zip top bag for up to 3 months. Remove from the freezer 2 hours before serving.
Adapted from I Heart Naptime
Want to receive our latest recipes straight to your email inbox? Click here to subscribe!
Totally loved this!
These were SO easy and addictive! Awesome recipe