Top crisp, buttery toasted English muffins with Nutella, peanut butter or Greek yogurt and fresh fruit for a delicious morning treat. These mini “pizzas” make a fun, easy breakfast for entertaining that is packed with protein!
Rise and shine! Wouldn’t this be a lovely breakfast to wake up to?
This recipe is more of a guideline, a little inspiration to energize your weekday mornings and encourage you to try something new, delicious and healthy. It doesn’t hurt that it’s easy on the eyes, too!
Best of all, these fabulous fruit pizzas can be prepared in a hurry. I know all about the frenetic rush of Monday-thru-Friday mornings, and how often the last thing you think of is breakfast for yourself. Since my 18-month-old commands most of my morning minutes, I don’t have much time to prepare my own breakfast, but I do have time to slather a toasty English muffin with my favorite spread, pop on some berries and bananas, and eat one-handed as I drive her to school.
Moms make it work, y’all.
These mini fruit pizzas are made easily with your favorite spread (use Nutella, peanut butter, or Greek yogurt) and crisp, buttery soft Thomas’ Original English Muffins. These classic muffins have been my longtime favorite canvas for all sorts of delicious toppings, but creamy peanut butter and sweet banana slices really take the cake! My little one agrees.
These fruit pizzas would also make a delicious, festive holiday breakfast or brunch dish for guests! I think it’s safe to say you would officially win the morning with a tray of these tasty fruit pizzas. Kids will enjoy assembling them with their favorite toppings, too!
- 4 large eggs
- 2 English Muffins
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 medium Roma tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 20 mini pepperoni, you can substitute with chopped bacon/ham
- 1 green onion, chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs until well mixed. Set a skillet over medium heat. Once hot, pour in eggs. Cook, stirring frequently, until eggs are set, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Toast English muffins and spread with butter. Top with chopped tomato, scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, and mini pepperoni. Place on a baking sheet.
- Preheat broiler. Place pizzas under hot broiler for 3-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Place pizzas on a plate and sprinkle with green onion. Serve warm.