Cheesy Mexican Nacho Stacks

Cheesy Mexican Nacho Stacks

This is definitely a nacho lovin’ household, but we also love our food mini and easy to eat! I always find when diving into a big skillet of nachos that they end up either breaking or spilling whatever toppings I scoop up onto my shirt… Or maybe I’m just that clumsy. Highly likely.

Mexican Nacho Stacks

With these cute little stacks, you just scoop ‘em up and enjoy them right away! No mess, no snapping off and spilling toppings everywhere. Easy, cheesy three-bite appetizers loaded with your favorite toppings!

Mexican Nachos

Pop ‘em in the oven, place the stacks onto a serving platter, and plop a bit of sour cream on top. These nacho stacks go down smooth with a cold beer and make a delicious appetizer for cheering on the Superbowl this weekend!

Cheesy Mexican Nacho Stacks

Yield: Makes 12 stacks

Tortilla chips

Toppings such as black beans, salsa, sliced jalapeno, and shredded cheese (or your favorite)

Sour cream and hot sauce, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil, set aside.

Build twelve stacks on baking sheets by alternately layering tortilla chips with your favorite toppings, such as black beans, salsa, sliced jalapeno, and shredded cheese. Bake until cheese is melted and stacks are warm throughout, about 6 minutes. Garnish with sour cream and hot sauce, if desired, and serve immediately.

29 Responses to “Cheesy Mexican Nacho Stacks”

Reem | Simply Reem — February 1, 2013 @ 8:09 am

Nice!
    We are a nacho loving house too.. This sounds perfect, the best part is no spilling and no mess…
    I will make these on sunday!

Elizabeth@ Food Ramblings — February 1, 2013 @ 1:18 pm

this has my name all over it!

Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — February 1, 2013 @ 2:19 pm

I have been craving nachos like no other this week – these look amazing!

SkinnyMommy — February 1, 2013 @ 2:32 pm

Pretty sure there’s nothing better than nachos. Yum!

claire @ the realistic nutritionist — February 1, 2013 @ 3:03 pm

Hello, lover.

Rachel @ The Pescetarian and the Pig — February 1, 2013 @ 4:38 pm

Oh man, how I crave nachos right now. I love the idea of setting them up in individual stacks! That way you get each chip with the necessary amount of toppings (don’t you hate when you get under the top layer of nachos and there’s no cheese left?). Even though you say you can eat them in a few bites, I think I’d pick them to death to make sure they last as long as possible ;)

Angela AnotherBitePlease — February 1, 2013 @ 7:12 pm

brilliant i tell you brilliant…stacking them and every piece gets some of the goodness…love this idea

Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — February 1, 2013 @ 8:56 pm

This is so smart and my boys will love them!

Megan | Eats Daily — February 1, 2013 @ 9:25 pm

What a really smart idea! I’m always so bummed when I grab a chip and it doesn’t have any toppings or if I yank it too hard from the pile and all the toppings fall off!

amy @ fearless homemaker — February 1, 2013 @ 9:53 pm

These are adorable and so perfect for the superbowl. YUM!

Jennifurla — February 1, 2013 @ 10:39 pm

oh yum, I would love some of these tonight, forget Sunday!

Amanda @ Once Upon a Recipe — February 1, 2013 @ 11:10 pm

You had me at cheesy. These look like the perfect way to maximize the chip to cheese/toppings ratio!

Jennifer {Mother Thyme} — February 2, 2013 @ 2:21 am

So clever and perfect for the Super Bowl this weekend!

Averie @ Averie Cooks — February 2, 2013 @ 2:51 am

I love stacks of chips and cheese…I mean, who doesn’t. They’d be perfect right now!

Jeanette — February 2, 2013 @ 2:55 am

My kids love nachos – I love the idea of stacking them!

Laura (Tutti Dolci) — February 2, 2013 @ 2:57 am

These are so fun, Georgia!

Robyn | Add a Pinch — February 2, 2013 @ 2:21 pm

These look out of this world! Love it!

megan @ whatmegansmaking — February 2, 2013 @ 2:32 pm

what a cute idea! I love these and I wish I could eat them right now :)

Katie — February 2, 2013 @ 5:58 pm

this looks so good… my mouth is watering and I’m craving nachos now!

Lizzy Do — February 2, 2013 @ 6:17 pm

Back in the day, I’d order a big plate of nachos for my lunch or dinner. Yours look marvelous…with the perfect toppings. And hopefully these stacks would provide some portion control :)

Jennie @themessybakerblog — February 3, 2013 @ 4:15 am

Oh my, these look amazing. We’re a nacho family, too. Yum!

Caitlin C. — February 3, 2013 @ 3:49 pm

These look INCREDIBLE. I have a huge love for nachos… melted cheese, mmm! Will definitely have to make these :)

Anna @ Crunchy Creamy Sweet — February 3, 2013 @ 11:04 pm

Oh how fun! Way to make nachos the fancy way! LOVE it!

Koci — February 3, 2013 @ 11:57 pm

Those nachos look amazing! Now I really want to eat a big plate of nachos! :D

Julia {the roasted root} — February 4, 2013 @ 12:01 am

Out of all the nacho recipes I have seen, this is by far the most appealing to me! And I kid you not! When I eat nachos, I naturally layer/stack them to ensure I get allll the right proportions of allll the ingredients! Just stack em to start and you’re bound for glory, sweet glory! Hope you’re having a fun weekend!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — February 4, 2013 @ 12:48 am

I just want to dive into this right now!

Kiersten @ Oh My Veggies — February 5, 2013 @ 11:07 pm

OH. MY. This is such an amazing idea. Nachos! In stack form! You are my hero. :)

Nami | Just One Cookbook — February 8, 2013 @ 9:21 pm

We love nachos, but I have to admit that I never thought of making it at home because it’s not something we eat all the time or ingredients are not common in my pantry. However, looking how easily you put together, we will have homemade nachos very soon at our home. Perfect weekend fun, with a movie maybe! :)

Katie — May 10, 2013 @ 10:10 pm

These nachos look AMAZING! I included this in my Cinco De Mayo Round-Up last week :)
    ~Katie